The Idea of If you are good enough "they'll" find

Do you buy that idea? If you are good enough they will find you…even if you play in a a weak league.

Define “good”…

If you are throwing 95mph, they will find you no matter where you are playing. However, if you are an 85 mph lefty playing in Florida, you have a much better shot than an 85mph lefty playing in North Dakota.

It depends on a few things. “Good” to most scouts is good on a national scale, not good for your area. I have seen plenty of kids that were studs for their little area and thought they were “it”, just to go to a big showcase and find out just how good some of the kids their age are. Scouts grades are the same nation wide. A kid that has 7 arm in Cali would get the same grade if he was in Florida because the scouts arent comparing them to each other, he is comparing them to the average professional. So yes, if you are good by scout standards, which means you have tools that are better than the average pro, they will find you.

What if you are a 85mph RHP in california, playing in a weak high school league

Will they find you.?

You gotta be doing show cases. Get on some travel/legion team and play. High school ball almost means nothing unless you truly have a chance at a state championship. It is summer ball that should get you noticed and the scouts will follow up on your HS ball.

I agree. The best chance for your career to continue is to get proactive about it. You may be seen in school ball or you may not. Go to some showcases and I mean good show cases. This not only gives you exposure but will show you what you are up against. If you want to go to a good college and play there then you need to attend some of their camps also. Talk to the coach and ask him, in his honest opinion, what level he feels is best for you. They will usually be blunt and tell you what they think.

Thats nice, That no my situation though, RHP throwing mid 80’s

But thats about what the best pitcher in our league was until he graduated

[quote=“king.navarro34”]Thats nice, That no my situation though, RHP throwing mid 80’s

But thats about what the best pitcher in our league was until he graduated[/quote]
I just graduated high school this past school year, and am playing ball at Augustana College (D3) in Rock Island, IL next year.

I too am a RHP, about 6’ and throw 83-85. I played in a VERY competitive catholic leage, which consistently produces draftees and D1 players year after year. Because of my size and my “average” fastball, I had to do a lot of self marketing. I went to quite a few camps, but these were camps for schools I had a legit shot of playing at…I did not go to any Miami, Texas, Florida, camps, if you know what I mean.

I got a few looks from some of the smaller D1’s, but most of the interest came from a LOT of Division III programs. And when I say a lot, I mean A LOT. I had 20+ schools at one point who all wanted me to play at their program. How did they get my name?

Showcases. Find a prestigious show case in your area and do well. I was selected by my HS coach to play in the Stevenson Show Case (a VERY big showcase for northern illinois players), and when I pitched there, I saw 30+ radar guns on me at once. After that showcase, I received nonstop phone calls and letters. Find something like this in your area and go to it.

Also, your high school coach can be your best friend. Talk to him and see if he knows anyone who may know someone…you can get some interest this way and coaches can come out and watch you play.

I was in the same spot as you physically, but I did get noticed. It took a lot of activity on my part, but it can definitely be done.

You were big like me?

What year in high school did you first start getting noticed?

[quote=“king.navarro34”]You were big like me?

What year in high school did you first start getting noticed?[/quote]
6’ isn’t that big…

He means big outwards…not upwards.

no he doesn’t… corsair doesn’t say anything about how big “outwards” he is. and i saw a pic of navarro and he’s pretty skinny

I know he doesn’t actually say it, i’m only saying that because in the video of him pitching he’s a “big boy” but not in the tall sense.

[quote=“king.navarro34”]You were big like me?

What year in high school did you first start getting noticed?[/quote]
Yes I am 6’ 200lbs with a build like full back lol. I don’t have a pitcher’s body. And I started getting recruitment emails and questionairres almost immediately after the July 1st after my junior year.

no he doesn’t… corsair doesn’t say anything about how big “outwards” he is. and i saw a pic of navarro and he’s pretty skinny[/quote]

For all of you who are dying to see my bod :lol:

ImageShack - Best place for all of your image hosting and image sharing needs][img]http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/4250/buff1.th.jpg[/img

…pervs. LOL just messin’

no he doesn’t… corsair doesn’t say anything about how big “outwards” he is. and i saw a pic of navarro and he’s pretty skinny[/quote]

ImageShack - Best place for all of your image hosting and image sharing needs][img]http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/4250/buff1.th.jpg[/img

…pervs. LOL just messin’[/quote]
that was uncalled for lol

…pervs. LOL just messin’[/quote]
that was uncalled for lol[/quote]
LMAO you know you like it…

Damn, That was very uncalled for…lol

Do you think all those emails from colleges are from going to showcases and all that?

[/wmp]

[quote=“king.navarro34”]Damn, That was very uncalled for…lol

Do you think all those emails from colleges are from going to showcases and all that?

[/wmp][/quote]
I attended this very large, well attended show case in my area. Over 200 coaches go to it every year, and even more subscribe to a list of players who attend. I am guessing that many of my emails originated from being on that list. The list shows your GPA, ACT, and your baseball stats, so certain schools can pick through and scout out certain kids based purely on those broad stats.

Was that like a Perfect Game showcase?

How did you standout in front of 200 colleges, knowing that it was a big showcase full of players