The Foot

My Question

I heard different stories about how a pitcher must place his foot on the ground when he make his throw.

1st
When the pitcher makes his throw and when he pulls his leg up and moves it towards the catcher (Of Course…).
That he rotates his foot pointed towards the Home plate before “almost” hitting the ground with the back of your foot.

2nd
When the pitcher makes his throw and when he pulls his leg up and moves it towards the catcher (Of Course…).
That he keeps his foot pointed towards the 1st Base untill it “almost” hits the ground and that than you must rotate your foot in a flow move to the home plate.

I think if do that right i only have to work on some minor things and than i have the “perfect” Pitching Mechanic for a lefty :twisted:

you want to try to point your foot at home plate if you can.

My Excuse for the forum space but i gonna explain it better in my 1st post and make one story of it instead of 3.

You want to rotate your hips explosively just before landing. The foot placement/orientation is an effect. If you focus on “turning the foot”, you can do this with minimal to little hip rotation. You are not required to turn your hips to open your foot.

This is similar to the “squish the bug” cue in hitting. You can squish the bug with very little hip rotation. Hip rotation should be the focus…if it’s correct, the foot placement will take care of itself.

Thanks for the reply Bamajeff.

Thats what i ment the “Squish the bug” effect with the foot.
There for i am from The Netherlands and cannot explain certain things in English words.

[quote=“Pitcherfromnl”]Thanks for the reply Bamajeff.

There for i am from The Netherlands and cannot explain certain things in English words.[/quote]

I am having the same problem :slight_smile: , except I am from Serbia.

Keep trying fellows we’ll try to help. Baseball is universal we will work it out! :smiley: