The Correct Mechanics

who has correct mechanics

on sites like drivelinemechanics.com and chrisoleary.com they always point out the bad pitchers and what they do wrong

they seem to find flaws in what i think are good pitchers

the only pitchers i havent seen is Roy Halladay, Mike Mussina, carlos zambrano, edison volquez
do these guys have the ideal/best mechanics

why dont they point out the good pitchers

I bet you haven’t seen a lot of other pitchers either…

70% of all MLB pitchers have bad mechanics.

Hmm, but then you can argue the point of: are their mechanics really that bad if they’re in the majors. I mean, if they’re getting their outs, keeping control and consistent velocity, then there isn’t a problem.

Major leaguers perfect their imperfections (quoted from another post i read somewhere today on this site) and that’s what makes them major leaguers.

If it works for you, and youre not hurting yourself, and youre accurate, and have the most possible velocity on your fastball, then do what feels comfortable.

[quote=“kelvinp”]who has correct mechanics

on sites like drivelinemechanics.com and chrisoleary.com they always point out the bad pitchers and what they do wrong

they seem to find flaws in what i think are good pitchers

the only pitchers i havent seen is Roy Halladay, Mike Mussina, carlos zambrano, edison volquez
do these guys have the ideal/best mechanics

why dont they point out the good pitchers[/quote]

The reason you find only examples of “bad mechanics” is that if they showed video of someone and said he had “good mechanics”, they would be risking giving their opponents and nay sayers ammunition should the pitcher in question get hurt. Of course, maybe they just haven’t seen any.

Hose

injury wouldnt make their mechanics bad because pitching is a unatural motion
am i saying tht there cant be any correct mechanics

let me rephrase that 70% of all MLB pitchers throw all-upper body there for they have bad mechs.

kelvinp,

I believe you don’t see analysis of “good” mechanics from major leaguers because there simply are no universal “good” mechanics that can be copied and cloned by everyone. However, I believe there are certain points and ideas of pitcher’s mechanics that should be considered correct and therefore adopted by others trying to improve themselves. It was Leo Mazzone’s belief and mine as well that there are good mechanics specific to each individual. As long as you are throwing quality pitches and are injury-free, then there should not be any cause for concern. I believe at that point you have reached the “good” mechanics for yourself. Just my 2 cents, but I hope that helped.

injury wouldnt make their mechanics bad because pitching is a unatural motion
am i saying tht there cant be any correct mechanics[/quote]
What is the point of making such a stupid post.

so you start the topic with this [quote]who has correct mechanics

on sites like drivelinemechanics.com and chrisoleary.com they always point out the bad pitchers and what they do wrong [/quote] asking who has correct mechanics then you post this [quote]injury wouldnt make their mechanics bad because pitching is a unatural motion
am i saying tht there cant be any correct mechanics[/quote]
you ask for correct mechanics then say there cant be any correct mechanics

i asked two questions
who has the correct mechanics
can there be any correct mechanics

scond question has to be answered before the first

correct mechanics
nolan ryan
roy halladay
mike mussina

Seems most internet pitching gurus love to point out who is doing things “wrong”. These are my personal favorites mechanically:

Jeff Francis
Dan Haren
Greg Maddux
Carlos Zambrano
Anibal Sanchez
Ted Lilly
Randy Johnson
Brian Bannister
Brian Duensing (AAA Twins)
Bert Blyleven (retired)
David Cone (retired)
Warren Spahn (retired)

The one on this list that really disappointed me (so far) was Sanchez, I think he is solid mechanically and broke down anyway.

well i was dissapointed with annibal to but he did just come back from tommy john, or a shoulder surgery. id say give him a little bit, but even before surgery his curve was nothin great. my fav. mechanics are john smoltz. i mean even though hes hurt hes what like almost 44 still throwin 95, thats rediculous. dono how many other guys in there 40s can hit mid 90s other than nolan ryan.

randy johnson is gettingup there in age and velocity

I was talking strictly mechanics with that list, not stuff or age.

Smoltz performance and stuff is and has been awesome. Mechanically he’s a little flawed in my opinion but who is going to argue with 300 saves and 200 wins.

how old are you kelvin?

why

Wrong.

I give lots of examples of pitchers with good mechanics on my web site…

Pitchers whose mechanics I would suggest copying include…

• Greg Maddux
  • Tom Glavine
  • Randy Johnson
  • Mariano Rivera
  • Roger Clemens
  • Tom Seaver
  • JR Richard
  • Nolan Ryan
  • Dan Haren
  • Doug Davis
  • Jeff Suppan
  • Roy Oswalt
  • Justin Verlander

These pitchers all have quite similar mechanics where it counts (e.g. arm action and timing).

You Don’t Say. I thought Randy Johnson was an up and coming right handed relief pitcher out of Japan!

[quote]kelvinp wrote:
randy johnson is gettingup there in age and velocity

You Don’t Say. I thought Randy Johnson was an up and coming right handed relief pitcher out of Japan![/quote]

ha ha ha ha not
uncalledfor