8. Give up a hit after a home run
  9. Hit a batter on an 0-2 count
  10. Walk a guy after you started 0-2
  11. Waste an 0-2 pitch with something 10 feet high
  12. Give up back to back jacks
  13. Give up back to back walks
  14. Give up a home run with two outs
  15. Hit a batter with two outs

If thou shalt commit thy sins, thou shalt be punished by 5 laps around thy field and confession to thy coach.

And how many times have you seen at least five of these sins committed?

Don’t forget;
Walk a guy with a big lead
Throw the same pitch 3 times in a row
Talk to or even look at the starter late in the game with a no no goin on
Throw your change to a weak hitter when your fb is dominating

I think we’re missing some here.

You have alot of two out nonsense. Pitching with two outs is easy, it’s getting there that’s tough!

• Giving up 0-2 hits
  • Leadoff Walks
  • Giving up a stolen base to third with none or one out
  • Not backing up bases
  • Not fielding your position well
  • Giving up a big inning after just having a big one yourself.
  • Giving up a base hit in a close game with me on second and third with two outs and A BASE OPEN!

And whatever the situation, know your hitters—their strengths as well as their weaknesses. I remember back in the early 1950s when the Yankees picked up Johnny Mize, and this is a story worth repeating. He was to start at first base one night against the Cleveland Indians, and before the game some newspaper guy went looking for him but couldn’t find him. He was later found in the Yankees’ locker room—practicing golf swings with his bat. GOLF swings, for cryin’ out loud! When asked what that was all about it, he said simply, "Garcia’s pitching tonight."
Mike Garcia—maybe you remember him; I certainly do—was a powerful hard-throwing righthander who gave the Yankees more trouble than the rest of the Indians’ mound staff put together. But he was a creature of habit, and one such habit was a pattern he had fallen into, starting every batter with a fast ball down and in. Well, the game started, and Mize came up to bat with two men on base. Garcia came in there with—yup, you guessed it, a fast ball down and in, and Mize was ready for it. He golfed that pitch way back into the right-field seats for a three-run homer and a lead which the Yankees never relinquished.
You can be sure Mize never saw another fast ball from the Big Bear. Q.E.D. :slight_smile: