The Big Unit Retires

Whatta pitcher!!!
5 Cy’s
WS Ring
2nd most k’s ever
Most k’s for a hooker
Said he wanted to go out on his terms

I’ll never ever forget a certain All-Star game when he pitched to John Kruk…Birds everywhere are wipeing their brows in relief

We are blessed to have posters like Laflippin who give us stuff like this…

The Unit will be a Big part of Cooperstown very shortly.

Oops forgot to mention A PERFECT GAME!!

So funny watching birds die…

The bird pitch is a life lesson…no matter how impossible it seems that something could happen…it can and will.

It is like the first time you go grouse hunting. You say, “I don’t think I have enough shells to ever get one of these things.”

People will be talking about The Big Unit 100 years from now. He was my oldest son’s idol. Unfortunately, though we tried numerous times, Randy never signed anything for him. He always skipped him over.

:cry:

If i could be half as intimidating as him I’'d be more successful.

Now he can look forward to joining the HOF

[quote=“Dino”]People will be talking about The Big Unit 100 years from now. He was my oldest son’s idol. Unfortunately, though we tried numerous times, Randy never signed anything for him. He always skipped him over.
:cry:[/quote]

Could it be that Johnson wouldn’t sign stuff because your kid can look him in the eye without a ladder? Tall guys are intimidated by other tall guys.

Brian

I always wonder what these guys do next? Yes, they have GOBS of $$. But you gotta think that lounging around the house just isn’t going to be fun when you’re so used to playing ball, etc… What’s Maddux up to these days??

He is still a part of NPA although I dont know if that is direct involvement or just a name. Maybe that will take up his time?

I recently saw a interview MLB ch did with Greg…right now he said he’s getting to know and enjoy his family, doesn’t see that changing for a little while. One thing I do know is that the divorice rate is very high for pro’s who retire…so getting the life thing worked out is likely a priority for guys like them.

Good call, jd - I know you’d know what our boy GM is doing :slight_smile:

Well, he was a great pitcher, had a great career and would scare the bejeezus out of me if I ever ran into him.

Unfortunately his only mediocre stint was with the Yankees.

He certainly provides a shining hope for the very ugly :shock:
When he was born the Dr. slapped his momma…
He had to wear a pork chop around his neck so the dog would like him…
Made a freight train take a dirt road…
Good thing he’s got money and fame… :wink:

Explosions of feathers are funny…

Yesterday afternoon I watched Randy Johnson pitch that perfect game on MLB Network. Believe me, he’ll be sorely missed by everyone except the batters who had to face him. And he’s a first-ballot Hall of Famer, make no mistake. What a superb pitcher! :slight_smile:

While in the Diamondbacks system, I had the pleasure of being on the same team as RJ when he had one of his rehab starts in 2007. He’s gotten a bad rap from a lot of people for being bad to the media and being a really mean guy. But, to the contrary, when he was with our team, he treated all of us minor leaguers as teammates and hung out and swapped stories with us just like any other guy. But once it was time for him to warm up, he was all business and just doesn’t like tons of media disrupting his preparation for the game. He’s a competitor and handles his starts like a job…because it is.

The only difference between us and him was after the game, he spent $2300 buying the entire team Outback and then had to get back on his chartered plane and get back to AZ.