The Best Sinker Grip; really makes a difference

this grip really makes a difference with the sinker
i see with webb and halladay have sucess with it

the grip is off set
the middle finger stays on its seam but the index is moved down the side
the tip and first part of the finger touches the seam
the middle doesnt
it automatically makes you throw it off your index finger

it doesnt matter what makes a good sinker is the pronation and your arm angle. you really played way too much video games

maybe the regular tow seam grip doesnt work as good
with this grip not much pronation is needed
and it works with overhand 3/4 and sidearm i tried
for me it moves more than the regular grip

what does video games have to do with it

the pic of halladay is not a sinker. i dont think the 3rd pic of webb is either.

also 4pie the grip on a sinker is very important. its all about pressure on the ball. i dont think that there is as much pronation on a sinker as some people think on this website.

those 2 grips are different…whats your argument? if they were same id understand the whole grip making difference. its grip but more arm angle and tragectory, grip dont mean @#$% without the right arm movement.

i never made a argument
i just stated that that grips works better than most

your arm doesnt have to have the right angle or tragectory
the sinker can be throw from any arm angle so there is no correct arm movement, angle or tragectory

!!!STOP THE BAD LANGUAGE!!!

yes it is
his is just more off set
and webbs is to its just the angle you see it at
look at the U on the seams

the pic of halladay is his curve or some breaking ball. his hand is on the side of ball offsided its not a sinker.

Why do you keep making these threads? You obviously want something to argue about or you wouldnt keep putting up these useless threads that you dont make a point in…If you are trying to be productive, do it in another way, because the only thing that comes out of your threads is people arguing with you.

BTW that pic of Halladay is not a sinker, if you think holding your index and middle fingers together with an offset grip gives you a sinker, then you might want to consider another sport.

how is that any other pitch when the index is the only finger touching the seam

the point is…
the sinker grip that halladay and webb uses is the best grip for a sinker
it forces you to throw it off your index finger

it is other peoples choice to argue with me
this post was to simply inform others on the grip if they did not know

[quote=“kelvinp”]how is that any other pitch when the index is the only finger touching the seam

[/quote]

Wow, have you ever thrown a breaking ball before.

[quote]kelvinp wrote:
how is that any other pitch when the index is the only finger touching the seam

Wow, have you ever thrown a breaking ball before.

[/quote]

curve - middle touches the seam
slider - middle touches the seam
cutter - middle or combination touches the seam
change - combination
splitter combination

only pitches were the index is a main finger are the sinker screwball and two seam

in the pic the middle is in between the seams
[/img][/code]

You need to get away from thinking that there is only one way to throw a pitch. A grip is just a way to manipulate spin on the ball, and a pitch is a throw with manipulated spin. The ‘best’ grip for a pitch is the one that you have personally found that can give you the best spin and that pitch. It may not be the most spin, but whatever gives you control and the break you want is good.

A site like this that shows grips for pitches isn’t meant to taken as gospel. You can take those grips, use them to learn how to throw the pitch and from there you need to tailor the grip for yourself. When I throw a curve, slider or change it’s my index causing the force, and that’s just how I do it. When I throw a two seam there isn’t one finger dominating it.

Congratulations on having the worst advice per capita by the way.

Sliders/cutters are thrown off the index finger. Sinkers are generally thrown off the middle finger, unless your middle finger happens to be off the ball.

Just because both of these guys are Cy Young candidates for their respective leagues, it doesn’t mean their sinkers or sinker grips are the best.

I would argue that Fausto Carmona and Felix Hernandez have just as good as sinkers as the two mentioned in this thread. Both throw their sinkers in the mid 90’s. Guess what grip they use? Just an ordinary two-seam grip with each finger on a seam. Of course, it’s just a subjective argument and there won’t be any agreement on the matter.

Like, connorwilson said, just use the grip that works for you.

i know for a sinker you want to have more pressure on the index finger so how is it thrown off the middle finger?

Because the middle finger is the longest and strongest finger. I’m not suggesting it as an absolute. Simply something to look into “modifying” the way to release your two-seam or sinker if you’re not getting the action you desire.

[quote]Sliders/cutters are thrown off the index finger. Sinkers are generally thrown off the middle finger, unless your middle finger happens to be off the ball.
[/quote]

in sliders the ball is released off the index
but pressure is applied with the middle finger

sinkers are thrown with index finger pressure
not too many use the middle for a sinker

i just thought the grip would help somebody who couldnt get their sinker right

first of all [quote]!!!STOP THE BAD LANGUAGE!!! [/quote]
i just put a bunch of @#$%^ otherwise there woulda been ****
[qupte]n sliders the ball is released off the index
but pressure is applied with the middle finger

sinkers are thrown with index finger pressure
not too many use the middle for a sinker

i just thought the grip would help somebody who couldnt get their sinker right[/quote]
so your speaking for everybody when telling how the pitch is thrown? cuz i know personally i throw a sinker with middle finger pressure but im not gana say thats how most people do it…you must be in contact with alot of pros, can i get some numbers?

no
im saying that is a easy way to throw it
i know it can be thrown different ways
but most people i know use the index