ThankYou

I just want to say a huge thank you to Coach Ellis for how he has helped me.

Ever since I began pitching when I was 9 years old, I have always dreamed of pitching in college. In my younger days (9-11) I was a very effective pitcher using only a fastball and change up. However, before my 12-year-old season, I began feeling pain in my elbow and was told to quit pitching. I resorted to playing shortstop among other positions for the next 4 years. Just two years ago, my junior year, I began pitching again. Pitching again for the first time brought back all the dreams I had as a young kid.
My junior and senior seasons I pitched very effectively, mainly by hitting my spots and changing speeds. I was never going to overpower anyone because I only three upper 70s. With my low velocity, I was never looked at by any colleges, but I had confidence that if I had more velocity I could pitch in college.

Fast-forward to now. I’m two weeks from beginning classes in college and 12 weeks into Coach Ellis’s TUFFCUFF Training Manual. Over the last 12 weeks I’ve put on 10 lbs of muscle and feel much stronger. And the ball feels like it is coming out of my hand better than ever before. Although I won’t be playing baseball this coming year, I’m committed to using this year to get stronger, throw harder, and attempt to walk-on next year. Sure there will be ups and downs and difficult moments, but I’m determined to accomplish my goals and walk on my sophomore year.

I’m a big believer in confidence and belief in oneself, and the TUFFCUFF Training Manual has given me the tools necessary to to increase my velocity and put me on track to pitch in college. I couldn’t be more thankful for Coach Ellis, for giving me hope of achieving my dreams, and for all the people who comment on this site, for being a constant source of teaching and encouragement.

Great perspective!

Quick story:
A number of years ago I went to watch Arizona State play Nevada. ASU threw a guy named Zech Zinicola who was a 90mph guy. Nevada threw some guy I didn’t know anything about. But from watching his pitch velocities displayed on the scoreboard, he topped out at 79mph. Guess who got hit the hardest? :wink: Command and changing speeds won that day.

I’ve heard it said more than once that there is a spot somewhere for everyone who wants to play college ball and is willing to work for it.