Teenage Velocity Question (I'm Age 16 Grade 10 in High School)

What velocity (number of MPH) should I be throwing for my age?

id say between 75-80 now i throw about 82 mph

Remember when creating a new post to Categorize it. I moved this to the Pitching category.

At 16, I was throwing 78 mph. Here’s a chart that shows you ages and velocities:

http://www.youthpitching.com/velocity.html#chart

What’s your age…

It’s in the title…

Oh sorry​:joy::joy: I somehow missed that

No problem

I’d say probably about 80 mph give or take few if you are average height, weight and have efficient mechanics

Probably sitting 81~, I was about there. I’m a senior now, topping 91.

It depends on what you want to do with your career and how much more you project.
D1- Maybe, for a small D1 school probably need to be at least 86-89 range by senior year, probably 82-84 as a sophomore
D2- Likely, excluding the top 10-15 D2 schools in the nation (which tend to be better than a good handful of D1 schools), you need to be around 84-87 range by senior year, probably 80-82 as a sophomore
D3- Definetly, most D3 pitchers throw in the 81-85 mph range by senior year, probably upper 70’s by sophomore year.
THE #1 THING IS COMMAND, MECHANICS, AND OFF SPEED, NONE OF THESE VELOCITIES APPLY TO SOMEONE WHO CAN’T CONTROL IT. I’VE SEEN PITCHERS THROW MID 80’S WITH NO CONTROL WHO CAN’T FIND A D3 SCHOOL AND PITCHERS WITH EXCELLENT CONTROL IN THE 79-82 RANGE GO D3.