Teams Pitching all time

which team has had the best pitchers all time
yanks- moose, kevin brown, dwight gooden,cc sabathia, goose gossage, roger clemens, mariano rivera

wow so many things wrong with this post.

1. you mentioned kevin brown, yankees and good in same sentence. he was one of the biggest busts as a free agent signing. had 2 just terrible years with yanks.

2. cc has yet to even throw 1 pitch with the yanks.

3. i know your young but do some research before posting something this dumb again. dwight gooden pitched 2 seasons with the yanks at the end of his career and they were 2 terrible seasons.

4. mussina had his best years with the orioles, clemens pitched majority of career with other teams same with gossage.

so the only guy on the list that was true yankee and pitched their majority of career was rivera.
brown, gooden, cc are jokes to put on this list.

hey
respect the Yankees
the greatest franchise ever
if any ppitcher pitched for the yankees it was a good season
was kevin brown not a good pitcher
was doc gooden not a good pitcher
was moose not a good pitcher
did they not all play for the yankees at one point in time?
and CC will no doubt lead the league in Wins, Strikeouts and ERA

Comeon Kelv, get back to reality.

you didnt name 1 guy that is in top 10 all time in wins for the yanks

kelvin
"and CC will no doubt lead the league in Wins, Strikeouts and ERA"

cc has never lead the AL in ANY of these stats before, let alone all 3. keep dreaming big guy.

While the question seemed a little presumptious; the fact is that the New York Yankees have had a bunch of great pitchers - all time

Hall Of Fame

Red Ruffing - 1967
Herb Pennock - 1948
Waite Hoyt - 1969
Rich “Goose” Gossage - 2008
Lefty Gomez - 1972
Whitey Ford - 1974
Jack Chesbro - 1946

[quote=“Dino”]While the question seemed a little presumptious; the fact is that the New York Yankees have had a bunch of great pitchers - all time

Hall Of Fame

Red Ruffing - 1967
Herb Pennock - 1948
Waite Hoyt - 1969
Rich “Goose” Gossage - 2008
Lefty Gomez - 1972
Whitey Ford - 1974
Jack Chesbro - 1946[/quote]

Aye, not to mention Mussina should make it, Babe Ruth was technically also a pitcher, and River will most definitely make it.

how can you leave the dodgers off the list who are probably 2nd to the yankees. cardinals are arguable too. but when you’re talking all-time, the diamindbacks and the astros don’t make the ballot. have to consider the braves with the fab 3 and spawn.

cardinals - bob gibson
dbacks - chilling+, johnson+, webb, haren+
braves - smoltz, maddux+, Glavine+

If you eliminate the last couple of miserable Pete Angelos decades, the Orioles would be the easy winner.

1971 - Four twenty game winners on one team: Palmer, McNally, Cuellar, Dobson.

You can look it up.

very good point about the orioles. those guys could pitch.i have a hard time arguing for young guys with talent that are not yet proven or sure bets for the hall of fame. schilling and johnson are good bets for the hall. webb and hearon are not in the class of the greats yet. still have some years to log.

dodgers: koufax, drysdale, hershiser, valenzuela, perannoski, marshall, brewer, gange, welch, newcomb, padres, saine, roe, welch, howe, wettland, sutton, sutcliff, lowe,

No doubt lead the league in wins strikeouts and ERA? :shock:
I’ll keep that in mind once next September rolls around.

Giants have had some greats back in the day. and starting to get back to them

Christy Mathewson. Juan Marichal. Gaylord Perry. Carl Hubbell. Robb Nen. Rod Beck. Kirk Rueter. Jason Schimdt. Tim Lincecum

Are you talking in a year?
How bout Seaver, Kooseman and Ryan…Miracle Mets…
Those stinkin O’s were fabulous
The Sandy K and Drysdale Dodgers…not just them…but in the 60’s they were so good.
Yanks the year Guidry and Gossage
Or Whitey Ford or Don Larsen, Lefty Gomez…omg so many
The Tigers with Lolich and McClain
The White Sox the year they won their last WS
How bout the Cub team that had Sutcliffe, Maddux, Ekersley, Trout and Lee Smith. That would be 4 HOFers same staff…
The Red Sox with Beckett, Dice-K, Schilling and Lester…not bad…throw on J Pap and Wakefield…not bad
Your post confuses me…all time? The Yanks had the money, the Marlins have developed a huge amount of great pitchers by volume and time contrast…

If your talkin about preacher roe he lived in the town i live in until he died only a couple of weeks ago.

[quote=“kelvinp”]
and CC will no doubt lead the league in Wins, Strikeouts and ERA[/quote]

That one line, is just a display of the great ignorance you possess.

That is. I expect he will, but there is no “no doubt” about it.

what makes you think he will? cc has never lead the AL in ANY single one of these stats before, let alone all 3.

uhhhhhh
he’s the best
he will be playing for the yankees
he’ll have a great offense backing him up
Plus He is CC

haha i didnt know playing for the yankees and having a great offense helped you with era and strikeouts?