Taking time away from those who can

My coach doesn’t believe that he should play his best pitchers and it’s taking away from those who can.

not fair.

that isnt fair at all

i hate when i pitched like 2 days ago and my arm feels fine and we are in a HUGE game and my coach doesnt pitch me because he doesnt want me to get hurt…but my arm never hurts…and i want to pitch.

GO CUBBIES!!! :smiley: :smiley:

Coaches rarely refuse to pitch kids who are good pitchers, unless the rules require them to be rested.

Every little league and every tournament has rules for pitching. My son’s coach pitched my son in the first state championship game where he threw a complete game one hitter, and then didn’t pitch him again for the next two days, saving him for a possible final. Well, the final never happened and my son, arguably the best pitcher on the team, was done before he even got started. Those are the breaks.

There are also those coaches who set pitch limits on their pitchers regardless of what the league or tournament rules are. They are the guys who care about the player’s future, and want the young players to have a long and successful baseball experience instead of being a hero for 6 innings and calling it a career.

I understand your frustration at not pitching, but understand that you are young and there is plenty of time to play and pitch. And some day you may look back on this time and thank your lucky stars that you had this coach, instead of a guy who would use you up and spit you out when you could no longer pitch.

Good luck and have fun!

Coaches rarely refuse to pitch kids who are good pitchers, unless the rules require them to be rested.

Every little league and every tournament has rules for pitching. My son’s coach pitched my son in the first state championship game where he threw a complete game one hitter, and then didn’t pitch him again for the next two days, saving him for a possible final. Well, the final never happened and my son, arguably the best pitcher on the team, was done before he even got started. Those are the breaks.

There are also those coaches who set pitch limits on their pitchers regardless of what the league or tournament rules are. They are the guys who care about the player’s future, and want the young players to have a long and successful baseball experience instead of being a hero for 6 innings and calling it a career.

I understand your frustration at not pitching, but understand that you are young and there is plenty of time to play and pitch. And some day you may look back on this time and thank your lucky stars that you had this coach, instead of a guy who would use you up and spit you out when you could no longer pitch.

Good luck and have fun![/quote]

This is 100% correct. It’s little league don’t get too worked up about it you have your whole life ahead of you. Trust me, I know from experience that over pitching can lead to very bad mechanics which can really mess with your future as a pitcher. You don’t want to be getting sore and keep pitching. This is one of the worst things you can do to yourself. Or he can do to you.