Switching?

I wanna eventually be in the minors or hopefully majors. Naturally ill be about 5’10" or 5’11". By todays ‘‘standerds’’ thats too short for a starting pitcher. So should i switch to SS or 2B and try to make it as a short starting pither like Pedro Martinez?

take cassy fossum he is short and can do it to? so i think size doesnt matter at all as long as you know how to throw with your body.

A pitcher who got drafted last year was Tim Leincum (sp??) but I dont believe he was over 5’9 and he threw in the mid to upper 90s

[quote=“Jay21328”]take cassy fossum he is short and can do it to? so i think size doesnt matter at all as long as you know how to throw with your body.[/quote]ur an idiot, it takes so much more work to be under 6 and get to the mlb, the pros you could do, but work hard man and you’ll get there, size does matter tho jay

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/events/draft/y2006/tracker/search.jsp

Go there the #10, #11 pick, #16 pick, and #21 pick are all 6’0 and under pitchers. Not saying you got to work extra hard at it but it can be done.

If there’s a will theres a way

It’s hard, but not impossible, assuming you have the velocity (or are a lefty).

You could also convert over to P.

i KNOW it does’nt affect how you pitch, but i think it does how you get looked at.

And most of the guys you people are naming are lefties. THat’s a different subject.

Actuall size matters when scouts look at a picther. Sadly I think a guy who’s 5’9’’ or 5’8’’ and throws 95mph is just as good as a 6’6’’ guy who throws 92mph 93mph, but in the world of professional baseball the 6’6’’ guy will be picked before the shorter 5’9’’ guy. You just have to be really goood at what you do if you are under say about 6’. That’s how it is like it or not.

pedro martinez should be the hero of any short right handed pitcher out there. you have to get movement. fastball change-up curveball slider anything as to move like crazy and you’ll get noticed. drop the arm slot so the pitch looks like it’s thrown by a midget and get that ball to move. pedro is the way to go.

if your fastball is going straight to the plate then you’re just a smaller 6 feet+ pitcher and any taller guy can do the job. you have to be special.

watch Brandon League’s fastball to get what i mean

that;s what i just said, in shoter terms

I guess if you look at it that way yes. NC15. :slight_smile: