Switch pitching

anyone hear of this lol,i think its awsomse i wish i could do this.

i guess it would be cool, but i dont see anyone doing it in the majors, so… lol

i think in the 50s someone made it to the majors doing it. i know there is someone in the minors now switch pitching but i forgot their name.

since the pitcher has to declare what arm he is throwing with before the batter i dont see a huge advantage in learning mechanics with both arms. although you could pitch a lot more games… be amazing to pitch in a double header right handed then left handed.

I CAN DO IT LOL

I can throw a baseball left handed like 200+ feet ps im right handed pitcher. I can bat left handed and do anything each hand it’s a gift. OO and i throe a football left handed.

[quote=“Influx”]i think in the 50s someone made it to the majors doing it. i know there is someone in the minors now switch pitching but i forgot their name.

since the pitcher has to declare what arm he is throwing with before the batter i dont see a huge advantage in learning mechanics with both arms. although you could pitch a lot more games… be amazing to pitch in a double header right handed then left handed.[/quote]

You could start twice a week!

I feel like a pitcher from Creighton, or another school in that area (I don’t think UNL?) had a kid drafted that pitched with both arms. I think the team that drafted him wanted him to just stay with his natural arm.

I wish I could recall the specifics.

[quote=“centerfield2150”]I feel like a pitcher from Creighton, or another school in that area (I don’t think UNL?) had a kid drafted that pitched with both arms. I think the team that drafted him wanted him to just stay with his natural arm.

I wish I could recall the specifics.[/quote]

The kid in high school threw 90+ from both sides and had an era below 1.50 from each side. He was drafted as a pitcher, of course, but I’m not sure which team it was.

There’s a Pitcher/Catcher at a College in West Virginia who Pitches with one hand and throws as a Catcher with the opposte hand.

Now that’s impressive!

yea pat vendittle from creighton throws with both hands. He is a good picther and he will get drafted.
Here is a clip on him

That’s so cool. :smiley:

Carlos Zambrano on the Chicago Cubs can throw in the low 80’s with his left arm. There was an article about it in the Cubs magazine, “VineLine.”

[quote]centerfield2150 wrote:
I feel like a pitcher from Creighton, or another school in that area (I don’t think UNL?) had a kid drafted that pitched with both arms. I think the team that drafted him wanted him to just stay with his natural arm.

I wish I could recall the specifics.

The kid in high school threw 90+ from both sides and had an era below 1.50 from each side. He was drafted as a pitcher, of course, but I’m not sure which team it was.
[/quote]

what are u talking about he throws 86-87 righthanded and 78-79 lefthanded.

I do believe that the 90+ from both sides that Yankee is talking about is a different Pitcher then the guy from Creighton.

University of Maine had a pitcher who threw from both sides. Low 80’s from both.

I top out at about 85 from the right side and about 17 from the left side. These are my mechanics from the left side.
http://www.youtube.com/v/64dreVbb7VE&rel=1

Hahahaha don’t make fun of that man! :oops:

No that is disgusting.
I might have to go sit up in a book depository if I ever see an elected official throw like that.

[quote=“Jacobs 21”]No that is disgusting.
I might have to go sit up in a book depository if I ever see an elected official throw like that.[/quote]

Why not on a grassy knoll?