Switch pitcher

so i am ambidextrous, i can golf and bat both ways. i’ve figured i’m not too bad throwing lefty either (i’m right handed). i was told i throw in the 63-70 range after 3 days of throwing. i am a very low slot right handed submariner. if i can throw both ways, what are the chances of getting drafted or picked up by an mlb team at an open tryout? someone told me if i can get in 70 - 80 range lefthanded, i have a chance, because minor league coaches will work with me. what do you think. thanks

I think you would have to be at least in the low to mid (prefrably mid) 80’s to even get a look doing that.
They, the scouts, would probably tell you to stop throwing both ways and pick your best, most effective side, and throw only from that side. They would say you need to focus on arm to throw with so you could perfect all the pitches, like rather than having 3 “soso” pitches from right and left sides, you could have 3 excellent pitches from one side…and FYI, you would get more attention going left handed

I think you would have to be at least in the low to mid (prefrably mid) 80’s to even get a look doing that.
They, the scouts, would probably tell you to stop throwing both ways and pick your best, most effective side, and throw only from that side. They would say you need to focus on arm to throw with so you could perfect all the pitches, like rather than having 3 “soso” pitches from right and left sides, you could have 3 excellent pitches from one side…and FYI, you would get more attention going left handed[/quote]

Bold part is not necessarily the case.

Look up Pat Vendette from Creighton. Drafted last year (something like the 47th round) but went back to school. 82-85 from the right side, 78-82 from the left.

P.S. An Open Tryout is not your best bet. Contact a scout directly through your coach.