Suppliments with pitchers

do pitcher really need to take ceatine protein etc. if u take creatine and do leg workouts will it make u throw harder

No it will not you need an all around program with explosive exercises. I love tuff cuff for that.

Yea, listen to the expert, Mr. Ristar here lol

(JK)

Creatine isn’t neccessary, but a whey supplement is great because a gram of protein per pound of bodyweight, which you should be consuming, is tough to get without supplements. C

And as for lifting, a combination of heavy lower body lifting, and explosive exercises like pylos will help you throw harder. THeres no magic bullet for velocity, but that will help.

I agree that protein is the ticket, but do not look down upon creatine. Once right after workouts is all you need. This will help your muscles repair faster. Not necessarily make you throw harder. If you decide to take creatine there needs to be alot of water consumption. A good gallon and a half a day.

GNC mega mens sport, i cant workout without it

Here’s what I took in pro ball, but I was sponsored by them. I still take this today, even though my sponsorship is over.

ADVOCARE POS2 - post workout/game (has 2 g creatine)
SPARK - pre workout/game
MNS GOLD - multi vitamin

www.advocare.com

N.O. Xplode before workout, Cellmass after workout, whey protein at breakfast, hydroxycut also with breakfast, Cellmass 8 hr later after workout, protein with supper, hydroxycut at night, also, mega men sport morning and night, and light creapure after workouts

I sip on a combo drink throughout the day:
Bulk BCAAs (keeps the body from breaking down, speeds recovery, tons of benefits)
Bulk L-tyrosine (can boost energy, mental function etc)
Bulk l-taurine (boost energy, mental function etc, found in Red Bull)

I usually drink a similar mix pre workout.

My Post workout:
Whey and creatine

Pre-bed: Multi, ZMA, Fish Oil.

I am a firm believer in the benefits of everything I use. Plenty of research backing it, and well if i have tried something that isn’t worth while I don’t buy it again.

I get the most bang for my buck buying bulk. For instance I have 180 caps of ZMA (2 months, for 16 bucks) It’ll cost you more than that for a month at any GNC. Sure I suffer from pretty poor tasting items, but I tend to mix things in diluted gatorade powder.

it seems like u guys train like body builders lol not pitchers

Bodybuilders are looking for aesthetics, not performance. If you’ve ever seen a bodybuilder train, most of them are not lifting heavy (exceptions being Ronnie Coleman and others).

That being said, most of the supplements listed here are performance driven. Nothing wrong with taking care of your body and giving it what it needs… :roll:

Bodybuilders are looking for aesthetics, not performance. If you’ve ever seen a bodybuilder train, most of them are not lifting heavy (exceptions being Ronnie Coleman and others).

That being said, most of the supplements listed here are performance driven. Nothing wrong with taking care of your body and giving it what it needs… :roll:[/quote]the ones i named were energy and performance enhancers, cellmass is like creatine xpt better protein is good for ur body…not bodybuilding material realy

It’s all about maximizing performance and recovery. Nothing to do with aestetics and nothing to do with hormones.

Why not supply your body with what it wants so that you can be running in high gear at all times.

do you guys take all this stuff during the season or just during the offseason? and do u feel that it makes u that much of a difference? i feel that you could take all the extra stuff you want but bottomline u have to work your ass off as a pitcher and lifting is secondary especially during the season

If you take supplements that allow your body to function better (ie. recover faster, endure longer, etc.) then you are allowing yourself to work harder. Most of the products, especially whey, creatine, and fish oil, have great benefits beyond athletics.

Right now I take 5g creatine mono and 3,000mg fish oil a day. Whey shakes and Greens+ about every other day. ZMA got dropped because of the creepy dreams.

Alwyn Cosgrove (brilliant mind in the training field) explained supplements best.

They are progress enhancers not creators.

If you aren’t making gains, working hard, eating right, lifting properly, putting in everything you got, supplements aren’t going to do a whole lot for you. They will never create formerly non-existent progress.
However, should you be doing things right and busting your but, they can definitely enhance progress. I think creatine has several studies showing 30% better strength gains over the placebo group. The placebo group still go stronger no doubt, creatine just helped the one group improve more.

LOL, I used to have crazy vivid dreams on ZMA, I have very few that I can remember anymore. The ones I can are never cool either, usually something I would never want to happen.
It’s funny that the resulting dreams can be a reason not to take a supplement.

I want crazy dreams! Whats zma?

Basically it’s zinc and magnesium + Vitamin B6.
B6 is what is said to give the vivid dreams and B6 is good to support brain function and stuff.

For the price and the personal perceived benefit I have received, I will be supping with ZMA for a long long time.

Basic most athletes/people under stress are deficient in zinc and magnesium. This isn’t good as both of these minerals are important precursors to important hormones.

I am afraid to say hormones cause that implies something bad in today’s world, however ZMA is essentially a specific vitamin/mineral pill to make up for typical deficiencies.

By fixing deficiencies one would hope to have their optimum natural hormone levels. There’s documentation showing testosterone levels have dropped over the last 50 years. Although i am not implying causation, stress levels have risen like crazy over the last 50 years. Stress definitely messes with hormones.

As usual, biotest put together a great explanation so I’ll just link you to that:

http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=459250

For me after a week or two I was noticing all of my sleep was way higher quality. Some say it takes a few weeks of supplementing with it to notice the effect. I felt better sleep on the first couple days, although it got to its best after a few weeks.

Some say they notice nothing in terms of sleep, but think it’s great anyways as everyone seems to be deficient.

How did you notice your sleep was of higher quality?

i gotta say i went in here with a thickheaded attitude buy you guys have changed my mind… well fought argument boys lol

[quote]It’s funny that the resulting dreams can be a reason not to take a supplement.
[/quote]

Waking up whilst screaming hysterically can do that to you… :lol:

The benefits just didnt justify the frequent creepy dreams.