Supplement Help

Hey everyone I was thinking about taking some supplements for pitching but IDK what to take weather it is Creatine or a multi Vitimine I have no clue.

I found this product is it good?

http://www.vitaminworld.com/pages/file.asp?PID=864&CID=5&CPID=910&afid=27&safid=Google&scid=4806&cm_mmc=Google--Product--Creatine-_-creatine&gclid=CLuuvPrHpZACFQdlHgodOxrDPg

It’s called Creatine hard core powder does anyone know if this is a good product or not?

Also found this for joints and connective tissue is it any good ?

http://www.cytosport.com/ProductGroup.aspx?ProductGroupID=5

Multivitamins will just help your body stay healthy and functioning properly. On the topic of creatine i highly suggest it. Creatine is a phospogenous acid that is naturally produced by the body. It balaces the ATP/ADP in your muscular cells. It acts as a catalyst for the resynthesis of ATP when your ATP storages in your cells are depleted.

Basically it helps you lift more weight. Along with that creatine supplements will help your muscles recover faster allowing you to be more productive with your lifting. There are most common types of creatine: Ethyl Ester, and Monohydrate.

Monohydrate pretty much just fills your muscles up with water and once you stop taking it you lose the size very quickly. But as you know, pitchers aren’t looking for size, instead strength. Which is why ethyl ester is the best type of creatine to take.

I take BSN Cellmass which is probably one the more high quality ones.

You can get pricey with it but its really all about what you are looking for. I would also suggest taking a protein supplement along with the creatine. For more info:

I would not suggest the creatine you were thinking about in your post only because it is monohydrate and like i said you will want to get a higher quality ethyl ester creatine

Do you know the cheapest sale for higher quality ethyl ester creatine?

Or any links to it at all would be nice

Hoe bought MUSCLE MILK for power and also recovery?

I take a good amount of different supplements. I made a good reference type sheet for them a few days back that I was planning on updating, but I’ll just post the rough copy of it. There isn’t much info, but at least you get an idea.

1.) EAS Athlete’s Defense Multi-Vitamin - This is one of the best multi-vitamins on the market. It doesn’t really need any other explanation.

2.) GNC Triflex (Glucosamine, Chondroitin, and MSM) - Works to rebuild cartilage and (this one’s important!) LUBRICATE JOINTS. If you take any supplements at all, take this one!

3.) Preventive Nutrition Super CoQ-10 100mg - Basically good for your heart and circulatory system. Good information here
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/coenzyme-q10/NS_patient-coenzymeq10

4.) Natural Brand Flax Seed Oil 1000- Flax seed oil contains essential fatty acids that are vital to every cell, tissue and organ. Also, Omega-3 fatty acids help support the cardiovascular system, digestive health and joint health.

And the two performance supplements:

5.) MRI NO2 Black - Developed by the man who developed creatine as a supplement back in the '80s. Look this one up on google. I’ve seen reviews lately for NO2 products that say this product is total crap, but I will differ on that one. My recovery times and overall energy have been much quicker and higher, respectively, than without. I really, really like this product. It’s pretty pricey though. MRI makes another NO2 product that is a little cheaper than this one if you can’t put it on your budget. Here’s the study that was conducted at Baylor concerning NO2:
http://www.getno2.com/baylor/overview.html

6.) BSN CellMass Ethyl Ester Creatine – It’s creatine but better. Doesn’t hold water weight like creatine monohydrate does.

I think you’d be surprised to learn that most of the best strength and nutrition coaches do not advocate any of the fancy supplements mentioned. John Berardi, probably the best known nutritionist in the US, has stated that his athletes take fish oil caps, creatine mono, recovery and workout drinks, greens+ supps, and whey protein. That is it. No multivitamin (you should get enough vitamins through your diet, plus those are used better by the body) and no other fancy stuff.

Creatine Ethyl Ester has never been peer reviewed for effectiveness. Creatine Mono has been studied extensively and proven to work every time. When you factor in the cost factor, with CEE being 4-5 times more expensive than mono, it’s a no brainer. Unless you load the hell out of Mono, the weight gain should be minimal.

But, like I’ve said before, you would be better off spending 90% of your time worrying about a proper diet of whole foods to fuel your performance, rather than spending 50% of the time with a laundry list of supplements. Once your diet is impeccable, then go for it.

There is research proving that CEE is useless and doesn’t do anything.

Creatine mono is the only one that is has hardly been researched. It works, its fine, its cheap.

Kc and centerfielder do you think this is a good product I should buy?

http://www.vitaminworld.com/pages/file.asp?PID=864&CID=5&CPID=910&afid=27&safid=Google&scid=4806&cm_mmc=Google--Product--Creatine-_-creatine&gclid=CI6N2q7YppACFQRjHgod4SDFPg

it’s made by Precision Engineered® and is Creatine that only cost $10.00 because it’s on sale tell me what you think please.

See the problem is we don’t live in a perfect world. I go to college like a lot of other kids, and we eat crappy food and most of the time it happens to be pasta. If you can honestly tell me that you get enough vitamins in your diet, then I’ll be amazed. Here’s what I ate today for example.
Breakfast- 2 egg yolks, 4 egg whites (Grade-A Large, Organic Omega-3 eggs) and a banana.
Snack- Myoplex Lite Bar
Lunch- Half of an Arby’s Roast Turkey and Swiss Market Fresh Sandwich (had practice right after class)
After Practice- Whole wheat pasta with marinara sauce (omega-3 added)
Dinner- A chicken salad with lite ranch
Snack- A snickerdoodle cookie

I try very hard to eat healthy but it’s unrealistic to think you get everything you need when you are off on your own. There aren’t nearly enough nutrients for me in all that. So I supplement with a multivitamin and multitude of other things. I’m following the American Heart Association with the CoQ-10, the multivitamin, and flax seed (same concept as fish oil but better). I stay very healthy, and I feel energized all day long. Even if I get only 5 or 6 hours of sleep. (Not recommending 5 or 6 hours of sleep. It’s from studying mostly…)

It’s hard to say “the best” strength and conditioning coaches because there are a thousand different ways to train. For example, you could do pilates and karate for your workouts and nothing else and get in the same shape as someone who does a traditional workout.

It’s all personal opinion anyways. Some things work for some people and the opposite. I know when I started stacking supplements my recovery times and my overall energy both improved. Every single one of my roommates (I have 5 total) are sore right now except for me, and I am definitely not in great shape.

Here’s a good example: We run these things called 6 in 2s at our school. You have to run around the track 6 times in 2 mins or less. 6 times is like .45 of a mile. My average time before I started using the NO2 was 2:06. The 2nd day of using NO2 I ran it in 1:58. I hadn’t completed one all winter. Three days later, when I started to stack the NO2 with the creatine I completed one in 1:56 and 1:59. Obviously I hadn’t completed two in a row either. And I’m nowhere near fast. The last time I ran a 60 I ran it in 7.4.

So call it blind luck or the “placebo” effect, but it works for me. I always like to try things before they are dismissed as not working. Unless there is some kind of side effect or something I’ll give it a try. Hey if it works, it works. If it doesn’t, well then you move on. Can’t hurt to give it a try.

I feel like I need to add this to my post as well. DON’T GO TRY SOMETHING BECAUSE I SAID TO GO AHEAD AND TRY IT IF THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT A SIDE EFFECT. IF THERE IS A SIDE EFFECT, WELL USE COMMON SENSE AND DONT TRY IT.

Sorry about the CAPS, but I felt that was necessary.

first, i don’t wach my diet and i’m 6’0", 135. Second, [size=24][/size][u][b][i]NEVER USE CREATINE!!!

IT’S FOR CHEATERS![/i][/b][/u]

[quote=“slurve22”]first, i don’t wach my diet and i’m 6’0", 135. Second, [size=24][/size][u][b][i]NEVER USE CREATINE!!!

IT’S FOR CHEATERS![/i][/b][/u][/quote]

ON what basis do you possibly make this statement?
Judging by your size I’m gussing your a younger fellow, and well the “ideas” of what creatine does in HS are laughable really.

Precision Engineered® do they make a good creatine lets stick to the subject lol

[quote]I try very hard to eat healthy but it’s unrealistic to think you get everything you need when you are off on your own. There aren’t nearly enough nutrients for me in all that. So I supplement with a multivitamin and multitude of other things. I’m following the American Heart Association with the CoQ-10, the multivitamin, and flax seed (same concept as fish oil but better). I stay very healthy, and I feel energized all day long. Even if I get only 5 or 6 hours of sleep. (Not recommending 5 or 6 hours of sleep. It’s from studying mostly…)

It’s hard to say “the best” strength and conditioning coaches because there are a thousand different ways to train. For example, you could do pilates and karate for your workouts and nothing else and get in the same shape as someone who does a traditional workout.

It’s all personal opinion anyways. Some things work for some people and the opposite. I know when I started stacking supplements my recovery times and my overall energy both improved. Every single one of my roommates (I have 5 total) are sore right now except for me, and I am definitely not in great shape. [/quote]
Couple things. First off, vitamins dont have great absorption. So if you take a pill that says it contains 100% of the daily allowance, you are not going to get that much when all is said and done. So a vitamin might be a good backup plan, but it can never give you all of what you need. Greens+ are a good way to supplement green veggie intake, and they contain a lot of readily available nutrients (a claim which has been tested). Second, flax seeds are good for you, but they are not as effective as fish oil. Flax seeds contain ALA, which has to be converted to EPA and DHA in the body. The efficiency is 2-15%. Fish oil is naturally made up of EPA and DHA. Not saying that flax seeds are bad, because they are still helpful, but fish oil provides more DHA and EPA.

Secondly, I think it is a cop out to try and say that “best” is subjective. Nutritional science is not widely variable (ie. it is based on tested and proven scientific methods), especially not when you are talking about performance nutrition for athletes. There is a reason that guys like Berardi work for Olympic programs and professional athletes - he is the best at what he does. When Berardi tries to say that most of the supplements on the market are unnecessary, I will tend to believe him. I would listen to a pilates instructor about pilates, not how to strength train, or how to eat to fuel performance nutrition.

Anyway, I didnt mean for this to come off like I’m trying to attack you or say that you are wrong or something. If it works for you, by all means keep going on that path. My aim was just to let other people know that all those supplements are not absolutely necessary, especially when they aren’t keeping track of their diet. Nobody eats perfect all the time, but it is kinda ridiculous to see somebody eating chicken nuggets all day, then spend $100 a month to buy all kinds of crazy supplements.

Oh, I understand. I know you are just being objective. I’m not trying to attack you either, just trying to put some new things out there. I know a lot of guys like to stay traditional, but there a few other ways to try things. A lot of it’s personal opinion like I said. I know Berardi is good. He’s really, really good. But even unnecessary doesn’t mean they don’t work.

Oh yea I definitely don’t want people to go out and buy all this stuff just because I wrote about it on here. Disclaimer: I am not an expert! I have a few sources that I use, and I’ve taken a couple classes on nutrition. Take everything I say with a grain of sand. Don’t just believe it because I put it on here. I’m just presenting some things I like to use.

I hope people just aren’t eating chicken nuggets and taking tons of supplements. But if you look at 95% of college baseball players, I guarantee they don’t eat half as good as me. Put it this way: My roommates actually make fun of me for trying to eat healthy. It’s ridiculous.

But I do agree with you mostly. I still believe multivitamins are very important no matter what though. Even if you don’t get all of it, you are still getting at least some of what you need.

Looking back I think I came off a little strong. I’m just trying to offer up some alternatives to what people are already doing. It’s more important to make people think about something than to just tell them to do something. They won’t get anything out of it if they are just told to, “Do this,” or, “Do that.” It’s all the mind. Everything is a head game!

Edit: KC- You have a PM.

thanks for repostin it so i could find it

[quote=“slurve22”]first, i don’t wach my diet and i’m 6’0", 135. Second, [size=24][/size][u][b][i]NEVER USE CREATINE!!!

IT’S FOR CHEATERS![/i][/b][/u][/quote]

tell me this

have you ever read an article or done any research on creatine or are you just making your assumptions by what you hear at the lunchtable at school

Uh… I dont see any…

Ok back to the post no one has told me if the Creatine I was looking at to buy is any good or if it’s bad.

It cost was $20 but now 10$ since it’s on sale so what do you think of this product?

Precision Engineered® is the company

http://www.vitaminworld.com/pages/file.asp?PID=864&CID=5&CPID=910&afid=27&safid=Google&scid=4806&cm_mmc=Google--Product--Creatine-_-creatine&gclid=CI6N2q7YppACFQRjHgod4SDFPg