Summer ball

Well, my high school season is over. We ended up 2nd in the Region, 1 game away from making it to state, and we couldnt be more focused for Legion ball. Now that high school is over, I will have more time for training and pitching drills and such. I am planning on doing some upper body weight lifting (light weights) and lower body training with very heavy weight. I also plan on running sprints and long distance to get my endurance up for the later innings. What would be some good pitching drills to help me pitch to my greatest potential. I plan on taking a little break because i had to pitch 12 innings in two days and my arm and body is tired. Any drills, tips, workouts, anything would be much apprieciated.

come on

Well, you’ve probably had pretty much enough of my advice for a while. :lol:

[quote=“dm59”]Well, you’ve probably had pretty much enough of my advice for a while. :lol:[/quote] :lol: yeah, dm59, you have done your part in helping me with pitching

Start training like Rocky IV :roll:

Step one: head to Siberia
Step two: carry heavy objects, run up snowy mountain
Step three: yell the name of your adversary on top of said mountain.

On a serious note, you seem to have things under control. You might want to change up the weights a little bit to avoid getting unbalanced in your strength (upper vs. lower body). You might want to go with higher intensity lower body work (jump squats with db’s) instead of really heavy weight.

Oh yeah, and remember to have fun this summer. Not too much work. :wink:

Come on Tanner, how can you have much of a workout when summer up there lasts for a week?
I agree with the balance thing you appear to be looking to get some core strength… workin on the numba one are we?
How bout diet? You made no mention of it and perhaps it’s an area you may want to look into. I know my son is 10th to 11th grade this summer and we are looking to add a few pounds and strength. We are using some stuff from Amerisciences on the recommendation of Rick Wilkens who is my boys pitching/hitting coach (And my wife who is a Marketing Consultant with them).

[quote=“jdfromfla”]Come on Tanner, how can you have much of a workout when summer up there lasts for a week?
I agree with the balance thing you appear to be looking to get some core strength… workin on the numba one are we?
How bout diet? You made no mention of it and perhaps it’s an area you may want to look into. I know my son is 10th to 11th grade this summer and we are looking to add a few pounds and strength. We are using some stuff from Amerisciences on the recommendation of Rick Wilkens who is my boys pitching/hitting coach (And my wife who is a Marketing Consultant with them).[/quote]im not going to diet seeing how im 6’6, 210 lbs.

Ok so it’s obvious that you are a teen ager as you have a knucklehead. Of course you may not “want” to lose weight via a diet, had you considered how much weight you WILL lose on your work out? If you look at your ambitious routine you’ll see you are burning huge amounts of calories, you may want to consider a maintenance “diet” (See it means more than to lose weight) that has a high protein content or you may have to start explaining that you are 6’6" and 180 lbs and no Im not a white Ethiopian…with muscles…Knucklehead!
Have fun!
jd

What JD said, lol, a maintanance diet to make sure you don’t loose weight.
(Unfortunately I lost 5 pounds this spring, and I’m trying to gain weight)

I’ve been doing a lotta things to refine my diet, it still has to much junk in it, but easily ahead of what I have been eating.

One thing I just added, do to how many calories I am burning during my days and workouts would be pure maltodextrin. Cheap, effecient, steadily absorbing complex carbs. Brilliant! lol. It’s not a stimulant, but I know I have more energy, not the kind that you can’t sleep, just the more consistent day, so that you don’t hit a wall a little while after your workouts.
Although it’s not as good as just eating, it’s definately just a little cheap thing that has been definately worth while.

Lots of little diet things you can do to better your training, and overall health.

is the best (free) way to make sure you are maintaining the right weight. I’ll basically second what has already been said. If you go into a heavy workload without a solid nutrition plan, you won’t go anywhere. Building muscle means that you will need to up your intake of protein to around 210 grams a day (that is quite a bit). Good nutrition will make the workouts much easier.
www.fitday.com]Fitday[/url

Now that 2 highly intelligent and sophisticated individuals have backed me up, allow me to throw out my wifes web-link in unashamed capitalistic pride… :mrgreen:
it also pertains…these guys are as scientifically and purity oriented as any company I have seen pushing nutritional supplements and the folks they have on-board athletically are all known for high ethics and business acumen,…give it a peek.
www.amerisciences.com/23391