Summer Ball

This summer i’m going to try and go all out and just see what happens so like my weekly schedule is like this

Sunday- light tossing short run
Monday- Game day pitch 3 innings
Tuesday- 40 yard pro long toss( 8 throws at 20, 8 at 30, 8 at 40) on a line
1 mile run, 2x25 push ups, 2x50 sit ups, stretch cord exercises. Oh yeah and teamlifting in the morning.
Wednesday- Game day probably going to play 3rd, 1st and work on OF.
Thursday- long long toss ( air it out probably 8 throws at every 10 throws up to 80 yards)(90 yards is my max right now) rest the same as Tuesday)
Friday- 2 mile run, light tossing, crunches and push-ups
Saturday- off

I don’t really have access to a weight room so i cant work out everyday but i’m not the biggest fan of lifting anyways so ill just lift 2 times a week. I like to box and swim so that will just be mixed in about everyday so thats a little extra. and stretch cords will be done just about every time i throw and obviously ill warm up before everything just didn’t feel like typing it before everything. My only real consern is that i might be throwing alittle too much but i doudt it and im going to get a job so that might change some things. Oh and im going to increase stuff every few weeks I.E. 3 sets of 20 pushups and 2 mile runs and long tossing to 100 yards and things like that

ANY FEEDBACK APPRECIATED

[quote=“albaseball91”]This summer i’m going to try and go all out and just see what happens so like my weekly schedule is like this

Sunday- light tossing short run
Monday- Game day pitch 3 innings
Tuesday- 40 yard pro long toss( 8 throws at 20, 8 at 30, 8 at 40) on a line
1 mile run, 2x25 push ups, 2x50 sit ups, stretch cord exercises. Oh yeah and teamlifting in the morning.
Wednesday- Game day probably going to play 3rd, 1st and work on OF.
Thursday- long long toss ( air it out probably 8 throws at every 10 throws up to 80 yards)(90 yards is my max right now) rest the same as Tuesday)
Friday- 2 mile run, light tossing, crunches and push-ups
Saturday- off

I don’t really have access to a weight room so i cant work out everyday but i’m not the biggest fan of lifting anyways so ill just lift 2 times a week. I like to box and swim so that will just be mixed in about everyday so thats a little extra. and stretch cords will be done just about every time i throw and obviously ill warm up before everything just didn’t feel like typing it before everything. My only real consern is that i might be throwing alittle too much but i doudt it and im going to get a job so that might change some things. Oh and im going to increase stuff every few weeks I.E. 3 sets of 20 pushups and 2 mile runs and long tossing to 100 yards and things like that

ANY FEEDBACK APPRECIATED[/quote]

if you’re into the whole long-tossing thing, check out Alan Jaeger’s long toss program. I think it’s at jaegersports.com, and here a link to a video:

your conditioning isn’t really going to do anything except give you the most basic general strength. Try to find a good rigorous program to get on if you’re serious about your pitching.

yeah like i was planning on starting off with the most basic stuff get that stuff down then as i get closer to the season start doing more pitcher specific exersices

take a look at some posts in the workouts section, or centerfield’s log. A bunch of pushups and crunches is not going to develop you into a better ballplayer. Lifting 2 times a week? Unless you are severely out of shape or are just doing it for the first couple weeks to get back into a good routine, you need to at least be doing something 3-4 days a week. One thing Jaeger emphasizes is not counting throws. Listen to the arm, and adjust accordingly. 2 sets of 50 crunches? what kind of benefit do you honestly think you are going to get pitching-wise from that? I mean, there’s so much you could be doing to get better and I don’t want you to waste your time doing a 20 minute workout twice a week that isn’t going to do much for you in my opinion. Yes, I guess it’s a good start if you are 11 or 12 years old, and the long tossing is a good addition if you do it right (see jaegersports.com) as well as whatever pitching specific exercises you’re going to add, but I think if you want to reach your potential you could be doing a lot more to work on your game. I know I wish I started earlier, and now I’m playing catch-up. Don’t let that happen to you. Jump on it. Search this site for a good workout (my log has some things, centerfields too and some others). Or you could check our defrancostraining.com and check out the WS4SBIII workout which, when added to some pitching specific exercises would make you a beast on the mound.

I guess i just want to say your future is in your hands. Do everything you can to make it the best future possible. Don’t cheat yourself. Sorry for this rant, I had a burst of passion.

good luck

looking back on my rant, I realize that you’re in-season. If you will be playing a LOT, then going all out on the workouts might not be a good idea. I’m talking about the off-season in my rant. In-season keep doing your tubing and light core, forearms arms and legs stuff 2-3 times a week.

yeah like right now i’m taking a week off to let the arm recover im going to try an take this off season step by step i mean i really dont see how mechanics drills or anything like that is necessary tell i start up again which will be in about 3 weeks so until then im going to start from the basics aka throwing, running , push-ups crunches, just to slim down i mean im not over- weight really 6’3 200 now but i want to get down to about 185 190. so in season ill try and do alot of bullpens and drills and pitching specific stuff.
OH yeah and THANKS a bunch for that video post that was really useful

[quote=“albaseball91”]yeah like right now i’m taking a week off to let the arm recover im going to try an take this off season step by step i mean i really dont see how mechanics drills or anything like that is necessary tell i start up again which will be in about 3 weeks so until then im going to start from the basics aka throwing, running , push-ups crunches, just to slim down i mean im not over- weight really 6’3 200 now but i want to get down to about 185 190. so in season ill try and do alot of bullpens and drills and pitching specific stuff.
OH yeah and THANKS a bunch for that video post that was really useful[/quote]

no problem. good luck