Style

i got a kid on the team who is OBBSESSED with how his delivery looks

he spends more time trying to get up to his ‘balance point’ then actually working on his mechanics

he thinks that scouts will look at him different if he looks good when he pitches

true or false?

im going to show him this

How old is this kid?

Mechanics are very important when pitching, being a 2007 draftee I talked to a few people and they could careless about what your balance point looks. They look at the fluidity of your arm and your body as you are going through your mechanics, how the ball comes out of your hand, can you constantly repeat your mechanics. These things are key factors in consistently throwing strikes. I think your right on the money, and this kid needs to work on mechanics and not so much how he looks.

Francisco Rodriguez looks weird throwing, but he repeats it every time. Same thing with how Hideo Nomo used to pitch. Its all about repetition.!

i asked him today why he was so obbsessed with how he looks and he said ‘mond presence, it’ll intimidate em if you look good’

[quote=“Pheen”]i asked him today why he was so obbsessed with how he looks and he said ‘mond presence, it’ll intimidate em if you look good’[/quote]Only if there’s substance behind it to back it up.

What DM said.

Really, at 15 the kid should be able to comprehend that intelligent people will see beyond what he looks like and recognize the substance - or lack thereof.