Striking out the side on 9 pitches

Did it today in the 5th inning of a 12 - 2 CG win. Also struck out the first batter of the 6th, on 3 pitches making it 4 in a row on 12 pitches. Thought it was cool and wanted to share. Anyone else have a similar outing / experience / streak?

last month i threw the first three innings of the game using only 37 pitches. i threw one ball. i ended up going 6 innings of no hit ball and i got pulled in the last inning because my pitch count was to high :frowning: that was my best outing this year :smiley:

I struck out 4 batters in an inning. It was couldve been five cause when the 4th batter struck out and the catcher drop the ball, again, but threw the batter out. Then I started the next inning and struck out the first batter. In total it was only 20ish pitches for those five batters.

i once retired 3 guys on 2 pitches, came out as a relief in the sixth witgh one guy on second, retired the batter on one pitch he lined out to third then i picked off the runner on second and grounded out the next batter on one pitch.

the whole thing seriously took less then 2 minutes haha

Great Job ecmike73, keep it up, I had a 3 pitch inning a couple of times and a 13 pitches for 3 innings save.

thanks, appreciate that BU. So far this season has been quite a success, looking forward to what the 2nd half of the season brings! Let’s get some more input from the gallery on their pitching experiences!

I used to do that all the time when I was pitching, way back when—nine pitches, or less if the batter hit a grounder to an infielder or back to the mound. It was a real kick to watch those batters standing there and waiting—and waiting—and waiting—for the one pitch they would never get because I didn’t have it: and it was good morning, good afternoon and good night as they all went back to their bench foaming at the moutn! And I never threw more than 85 pitches over the course of a nine-inning game. 8) :baseballpitcher: