Stride Length slowing arm action?

You know me too well, bro!

This is some interesting stuff. One thing I’ve noticed in pitchers who have worked with the NPA for a while is how effortless they look. That doesn’t mean they don’t throw hard. The question here is must we equate a more violent looking delivery with intent? Or can a pitcher be more smooth and effortless and still have intent?

the mechanics on the right are really good, like other people said it looks like your back leg is collapsing, fix that and it looks like youve got stuff ahead of you.

Can someone please explain “back leg collapsing”. I’ve heard it a number of times but when I look at the video on the right, I can’t see what is going on versus what should be going on.

Thanks.

[quote=“gettingthere”]Can someone please explain “back leg collapsing”. I’ve heard it a number of times but when I look at the video on the right, I can’t see what is going on versus what should be going on.

Thanks.[/quote]

see how his back leg bends and he leans back almost like it gives out or, “collapses”, he needs to keep his back knee over his foot, this will let him use his back leg better.

[quote=“Roger”]One thing I’ve noticed in pitchers who have worked with the NPA for a while is how effortless they look. That doesn’t mean they don’t throw hard. The question here is must we equate a more violent looking delivery with intent? Or can a pitcher be more smooth and effortless and still have intent?[/quote]Good comments. I wouldn’t suggest that a “violent” delivery equals intent. I just like the upper body motion in that left clip. I like the shoulder rotation, which seems fuller and more engaged in the process than in the right hand clip. That one appears to be more arm centric, not supported by the shoulder rotation as much as in the other delivery.

This might be better…

http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii17/tmcgregor10/?action=view&current=14Sept10S_4.mp4][img]http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii17/tmcgregor10/th_14Sept10S_4.jpg[/img

Here you go:

man…you gotta zoom in :lol:

Thanks 101 this is my first rodeo placing video on here…Forgot my video cam so i had to use my phone they wanted a full speed clip but new to Quicktime so I did my best. yours is better but had to use a microscope to see it…Thanks for the help