Stretching

What are some good lower body stretches for a pitcher?

I’ll do my best to describe this without the pictures.

1. Feet together and bend straight down without letting the legs flex. Touch your toes or go down as far as you can.

2. Spread your legs apart as far as you can or maybe two shoulder lengths. First lean to the right for 10 seconds trying to touch your right foot, then to the left for 10 seconds trying to touch the left foot. Then down the middle, touching the ground and holding for 10 seconds.

3. Stand tall and take your right foot by pulling it back in a natural flexation so that the heel touches the bottom. Hold for 10 seconds and repeat with the other leg.

4. Sit down and place the soles of your feet together and pull them into your groin as close as you can. Use your elbows while holding your feet together to push your knees down to get a tighter stretch.

5. Place the sole of your left foot against the inner thigh of your right leg and stick the right leg straight out. Lean forward as far as you can and try to touch your foot without letting the leg bend. Do just the opposite with the other leg as well.

That’s usually what I do. I’m sure that someone can explain the plyros if I don’t get to it :slight_smile: