Stretching too much Bad?

Ive heard that stretching your arm out too much can stretch the ligaments and or tendons in the arm and can actually slow your velocity down. is this true? :x

A lot of studies are showing static stretching to have negative effect on performance done prior to an event.

As far as slowing your arm down, this may be a slightly different discussion, than a matter of stretching the ligaments.

There are certain areas of the body that need to be flexible (hamstrings, quads, triceps, most muscle groups)

Then there are areas that need to be stable (ankle, knee, shoulder).
Now the muscles around the shoulder should also be flexible but in a quest to acheive to much flexiblity I believe taht you can loose stability, which would decrease velocity and control and probably increase the likelyhood of an injury.

Just my opinion.

[quote=“centerfield2150”]A lot of studies are showing static stretching to have negative effect on performance done prior to an event…
Then there are areas that need to be stable (ankle, knee, shoulder).
Now the muscles around the shoulder should also be flexible but in a quest to acheive to much flexiblity I believe taht you can loose stability, which would decrease velocity and control and probably increase the likelyhood of an injury.[/quote]

I agree.