Stretching every 2 - 3 hours a day?

Is it bad for me to do this? I workout 2 - 3 times a week, and I heard that you are suppose to be flexible to be a pitcher and workout your upper body and what not. I want to hear what you guys think.

While it is important to work your upper body to keep in shape, the core and the legs are your foundation as a baseball player. Hitters even use their legs and hips to get that torque when swinging their arms around to hit the ball. The same goes for pitchers where they use that torque built from their feet to their fingers to deliver a pitch. So yes, remain as flexible as possible otherwise you could experience some injuries. 2-3 hours, however, seems like you’re overdoing it. If it works for you, however, keep doing what you’re doing. Look at your long-term goals as always when you start a new routine.

2-3 hours a day is a total waste of time. I think you meant 2-3 times a day. Up to 10 or 15 minutes each time is fine, with a longer stretch mixed in. But there’s a lot of other, more productive uses of 2-3 hours than stretching :slight_smile:

i worded the title a bit wrongly. I meant, like 5-6 times a day with 2 - 3 hours inbetween.

Workout as in weights or did you mean stretch?

Workout as in weights or did you mean stretch?[/quote]

sorry, i don’t check before i type, but its a week instead of a day.