Stick to it fellas!

Just a little announcement. My son, whom all of you have seen in the “That Kid From Green Cove” thread, signed for a full ride yesterday at Indian River State, down in Ft. Pierce. We had 3 weeks before school started and were very worried that he wouldn’t get a scholarship…he hung in there and kept at it…never gave up and when he was hearing that all scholarship money everywhere was dried up…didn’t let that get in the way of his dream…
I’m hear to tell you…don’t let your dreams go…when it all looks bad and life seems lonely…stick with what you know and have faith.

cool one question though. before he got the scholarship did he already commit to going to that school

Congradualtions. I see that some big name guys came out of there on the wiki page for the college. A lot of baseball players.

Hope he keeps going right on up.

No they were on the list but we had no commitments.

It was part of the stress, we knew he had it going on but hadn’t signed with anyone yet…Pretty much were figuring out who to walk on with. School starts in 3 weeks.

[quote=“jdfromfla”]Just a little announcement. My son, whom all of you have seen in the “That Kid From Green Cove” thread, signed for a full ride yesterday at Indian River State, down in Ft. Pierce. We had 3 weeks before school started and were very worried that he wouldn’t get a scholarship…he hung in there and kept at it…never gave up and when he was hearing that all scholarship money everywhere was dried up…didn’t let that get in the way of his dream…
I’m hear to tell you…don’t let your dreams go…when it all looks bad and life seems lonely…stick with what you know and have faith.[/quote]

Congrats to you and the youngun’, JD. Full rides are hard to come by, that’s a huge testament to hard work and talent…and maybe a dollop of support from dad… :slight_smile:

Hose

I bet the support was worth it. Knowing your son can get through college a lot cheaper than if he didn’t get a scholarship.

Coach O’Brien is as good as it gets for bringing talent along. And Contrats to you and your family, please pass on my best wishes to your son on his career.

Coach B.

You’d win that bet, it has been a joy in my life to have walked with my son as he has chased his dream…I pray all of you get a similar opportunity.

I’d like for ya’ll to to know that this decent and humble man has had a hand in educating and bolstering the confidence of my son…John you know my gratitude and appreciation is there and Andy sends his thanks![/quote]