Steroids

I was playing long toss with a buddy of mine who played ball at Bellevue University in Nebraska. He told me a kind of eerie story about steroid use in all of the places he has played ball. Let me know what you think.

Well that didnt catch as many eyes as I figured. I just hope if I make it at UNO the same situtation dont arise as I was told about.

You will find steroids in JuCos more than you would NCAA Division I schools. I know that no one on my team does steroids although many experiment with other banned substances which go undetected. Our team got tested twice, once in the fall and once at the NCAA Regional.

You will only find those fringe-average baseball players doing steroids in a hopeless attempt to extend their baseball career after college.

Sometimes it works. Sometimes it gets that 88-90 mph fastball to become 92-94. Which couldbe all the difference.

[quote=“TheOleOneBall”]

Sometimes it works. Sometimes it gets that 88-90 mph fastball to become 92-94. Which couldbe all the difference.[/quote]

Can you offer proof of this claim?

Hose

Roger Clemens.
Billy Wagner.
Joel Zumaya.

Steroids and long toss = +mph

[quote=“Hoysauce”]Roger Clemens.
Billy Wagner.
Joel Zumaya.

Steroids and long toss = +mph[/quote]

Your opinion may well be correct, but it’s still only your opinion, not proof. In addition, I would opine that steroid use for pitchers would tend to increase their ability to throw at their hardest for longer into the game and season, not that would increase top end velocity. But that’s just my opinion.

Hose

Roger Clemens=HGH
Zumaya/Wagner=hard work and dedication

Thank god for the word opinion.

I can truly guarantee, no opinion, that over 50% of major league players have used steroids/hgh any of that crap during their major league careers. Regardless of whether or not they use it now.

Heck I’m using steroids right now! A little bit of prednisone… I had some cortisone in the first week of July… Not anabolics though. When people say ‘steroids’, they are referring to anabolic steroids, not steroids in general. (Cholesterol is a steroid)

One of the kids on my summer team took HGH and offered me some but other than that, I haven’t really seen it around much.