Steriods

okay guys whats up.

I have a question for you guys.

Do you guys think that sylvestor Stallone is on steriods. i know this may not belong in this forum but i think that it might have something to do with baseball.

Anyways i am just wondering this because alot of these guys such as sylvestor and arnold swarznegger, we all grew up watching in movies and still do. Its kind of a shame wow some of these guys can take steriods while all of their fans look up to them and want to be like them. Its really sad and embarssing.

I could not imagine anyone using steriods. Really i would never ever do it in a million years. Its cheating and you get an ugly looking body as well. People might think it looks good but they look like freaks i think.

Anyways do you guys thinks sylvestor stallone was or is on steriods. I knew that he was a bodybuilder. But not all body builders are on roids are they. Anyways want about arnold swarznegger what do you guys think about him? His he on steriods or not.

also i was doing some research. When i typed in bodybuilders in you tube i seen guys that looked like freaks.

Like 10 minutes after posting the first topic i then typed in this in the you tube search engine:

NATURAL BODY BUILDERS.

Now i know a few of those guys might have been on steriods but for the other guys. These guys look perfectly normal with nice muscles for their bodys. THey are pretty jacked but do not look like freaks or anything.

I have the most respect for these guys.

Sorry didn’t want to make this post about body building. But with the whole weights and lifting thought it might inspire some baseball players so they can look big and get strong without looking like freaks or using steriods.

You came full circle baseballkid111. Kind-a sum’s it up. There will, of course, be different takes on the subject, but, I think you’ve done a pretty good job of saying what’s said on the topic.

In fact, the subject of steriods was addressed by jdfromfla very nicely, a while back. If you “click” onto his name - jdfromfla, and search through his posting history you’ll find an impressive collection of thought on the subject.

Nice going to, timely subject.

Coach B.

Steroids are bad IF TAKEN IMPROPERLY, i dont condone the use of steroids nor should anyone under the age of 25 even think of using them but in the right context they arent as bad as everyone gives them. I know i’ll probally get a lot of flack for this but ive studied nutrition, supplements, weight lifting for the past 2 years and althought i have never used steroids nor intend to they arent horrible terrible pills of death people make them into that when undecuated teenagers pop 20 of them and destroy there liver.

First off Arnold, Slyvester were all on steroids Arnold admitted it everyone knows it have of movie stars are if you think otherwise your sadly mistaken.

Steroids are Methyalated there toxic and it causes an imense strain on your liver to get it through your body what most people dont realize is theres support supps to aid your liver and help prevent it from damage. Simple products like Milk Thistle, Hawthorn Berry Extract, Saw Palemotto can help aid this if you take the right precautions steroids can be no worse for you then any other supplement you can buy at GNC but you have to research Cycle and Post Cycle therapys.

Your not going to become a freak from taking pills, steroids obviously will help pack on muscle but you have to have proper diet and excercise if your diet isnt geared towards being 280 pounds no pill will change that diet is always key diet dicates wheather you lose or gain weight not a pill a pill can aid.

Steroids and kids is a topic to deffinately strike upon its completely not worth it for kids or anyone under the age of 25 to use them. One problem is infused growth plates your body doesnt stop growing till early 20’s sometimes late and these can cause stints in growth.

Steroids are bad if used the wrong way and used by people not old enough or educated enough and when you do meet those requirements they can be fine.

if they are fine then how come they are banned in every single sport.

I am just saying.

Steriods give people a boost that they can’t get by themselves.

But ya they are wrong and i hate them and i would never ever do them.

Also my friend told me that sylvestor never took them that he was all natural.

Also he was caught for having imported them. I don’t know for sure if he took them. can you show me some evidence please. thanks

May I chime in?
My late father was a pharmacist, and I picked up a lot of medical and pharmaceutical knowledge from the publications he brought home from work. What a lot of people who have been posting on this subject seem to have overlooked is that there are two types of steroids. There’s the group called corticosteroids, which are very useful in the treatment of various inflammatory conditions, and when used properly can provide relief for as long as nine or ten months. Then there’s the kind called anabolic steroids, which I believe are what everybody’s referring to—they’re bad news, and if one is smart one will stay away from them; they are used medically only in certain extreme conditions, but those are rare. A person who gulps them down to bulk up is asking for BIG trouble. 8)

The negative affects of steroids can be mitigated, but as stated before they are horrible on your liver. Its similar to someone who consistently abuses ibuprofen or advil. Your liver processes these substances and the breakdown is very strenuous.

The purpose of using a steroid is to allow the user to work out more frequently and more intensely. Steroids reduce swelling and increases the body’s ability to recover. Steroids do NOT make you stronger. They allow you to get stronger faster.

I also do NOT condone the use of steroids however I do think they should be viewed in a different light.

i have always had the view point of that if you are too lazy to do the work without steroids, then you are just as likely to take steroids and not do the work anyways. Sure steroids might get you all raged up and want to go lift but you still have to get your butt out the door and do it. They are still bad for you and regardless of whether anabolic steroids can be taken safely they shouldn’t be looked to as a get ripped quick scheme, especially if you are too lazy to get out the door to the gym to begin with.

i hate when people say that steriods don’t make people get out their and do the work. I am sorry but i just don’t like that saying.

Of course you won’t get strong on steriods without doing your workouts every day. But honestly once you are on steriods for a while you are not going to stop or unless you will get very fat. So their really isn’t a choice about it.

You either stop or not.

Why aren’t they banned anyways. They should be just as bad as crystal meth or cocaine or any other drug. Honestly i can’t F ing stand them. I would love to see them get banned. Along with just about every other thing such as smoking, drugs, and alchol as well.

I hate people who bash something before they even do an ounce of research. Steroids are used constantly in the medical field, Oxandrolone (Anavar) is a mild steroid that is used in aids patients to prevent wasting. Testosterone is prescribed to people who have low levels of it in their body to increase their quality of life.

Not all steroids are liver toxic. Mostly oral steroids are liver toxic. Steroids that are injected are hardly bad for your liver. Im not an expert but I’ve done enough reading to know that if used properly they arent bad at all. And just because someone takes steroids doesn’t mean you’ll get jacked or your taking the easy way out. I know guys who use and they are the hardest working people in and out of the gym, they are dedicated to their training and eating so much its rid iculous. And their dedication shows in their physique.

If you want to know why MLB players use steroids, come to the minors and spend a season. I’m finishing my first one. its grueling.

sylvester and arnold both took roids…look at them…they totally did

Simple as I can…you are nuts if you consume any drug/chemical that isn’t prescribed by a licensed doctor or issued from a board certified pharmacist. I don’t care how much time you spend in the library or on the internet researching…No amount of time in the minors or anywhere else for that matter is worth the risk. I mean, what is your source? Are there medical professionals that prescribe steroids for minor league players? That’s a serious question, I’d like to know. Otherwise, really what is the source? How do you know what the purity of the stuff is? And what happens if you get some bad sh#$. Who do you trust?

i also agree. I do not care a damn about how much research you have done or if anyone has done for the matter.

Simple as this:

Steriods(THE ANABOLICS ONE). The ones that ruins peoples lifes.

Anyways how can you say that people with steriods aren’t taking the easy way out???

HONESTLY? YES THEY ARE TAKING THE EASY WAY OUT?

If they weren’t then they would try to be getting ripped or bigger by themselves. And lets face it. Sometimes you just can’t. That doesn’t mean you start taking steriods that just means you have to keep on working no matter how long or hard it may take.

That is how truthfully you workout and you complete your dreams. By hard work.

Who cares if they workout every single day with steriods. They are still taking steriods which still means they are cheating.

Performance enhancment drugs. Thats why they call them that.

Lets just face it anabolic steriods have no place in any sport.
I also think that those bodybuilding contests are a complete joke.

Also please people don’t say stuff about how certain types of steriods are good for health and stuff like that.

We aren’t adressing that. We are talking about people straight up taking the stuff so that they can get better at sports and for competitions.

Well said.

Well baseballkid111 I’m sure you hate about every player in the NFL as well.

Dino, I wouldn’t say they are medical professionals, more so as street doctors with references. I’d say a good 65% of people in the minors are on some type of gear. Most gear is underground and if its bad then its a dud. Its basically fake not harmful, but you won’t get any of that from the guys out here because they are trying to run a reputable business (oxymoron) and want to sell good stuff and obtain more references.

Huskie18,

I am proud of my ability to keep an open mind. I do understand. My professional experience however makes me cringe when I hear guys in your profession relying on “street doctors with references” and “reliable reputations” to get prescriptions in order to compete. What happens when a well meaning reliable, reputable, street doctor, “accidentally” obtains a counterfeit steroid that was produced in unsanitary conditions on the black market. And then he sells them to an athlete. I know, I know - if you have a source: he is well researched, with good references from trusted friends. The federal laws and state laws consider steroids in the same category as hard drugs like heroine. I don’t want to argue the reasons why this is right or wrong or how it came about. It is fact. And that fact is the single most important reason steroid users are at risk. There certainly seems to me to be a better way.

Perhaps, if the cost of competing is this high…the goal is not worth it. Perhaps the 35% that aren’t on gear have decided this also. And they may come and go sooner than the other 65%. But they may go to a better professional experience, a supportive of family, better values and less risk.

It’s a tight spot for sure…you have worked so hard to get where you are…it has been a life’s work. Now some are faced with the prospect of a pink slip if they don’t tighten up with gear. It’s hard to let go. So rationalize that its all good, the product is pure, the result is consistent, the friends are true, the dream stays alive, but the law has put you in a precarious position. You are literally chasing the dream now! As the chase is extended the reasons why are farther from your memory. The even playing field you are attempting to establish for yourself creates inequity for others. Those you are chasing are always out ahead because they still have the same talent and they use the same enhancers. Unless…they have something new…and better. It is a chase…with seemingly no end. The game is not a game anymore. When you are chasing like this the truth is:

“Nobody gets in to see the Wizard. NOT NOBODY NOT NO HOW!”

[quote=“Dino”]Huskie18,

I am proud of my ability to keep an open mind. I do understand. My professional experience however makes me cringe when I hear guys in your profession relying on “street doctors with references” and “reliable reputations” to get prescriptions in order to compete. What happens when a well meaning reliable, reputable, street doctor, “accidentally” obtains a counterfeit steroid that was produced in unsanitary conditions on the black market. And then he sells them to an athlete. I know, I know - if you have a source: he is well researched, with good references from trusted friends. The federal laws and state laws consider steroids in the same category as hard drugs like heroine. I don’t want to argue the reasons why this is right or wrong or how it came about. It is fact. And that fact is the single most important reason steroid users are at risk. There certainly seems to me to be a better way.

Perhaps, if the cost of competing is this high…the goal is not worth it. Perhaps the 35% that aren’t on gear have decided this also. And they may come and go sooner than the other 65%. But they may go to a better professional experience, a supportive of family, better values and less risk.

It’s a tight spot for sure…you have worked so hard to get where you are…it has been a life’s work. Now some are faced with the prospect of a pink slip if they don’t tighten up with gear. It’s hard to let go. So rationalize that its all good, the product is pure, the result is consistent, the friends are true, the dream stays alive, but the law has put you in a precarious position. You are literally chasing the dream now! As the chase is extended the reasons why are farther from your memory. The even playing field you are attempting to establish for yourself creates inequity for others. Those you are chasing are always out ahead because they still have the same talent and they use the same enhancers. Unless…they have something new…and better. It is a chase…with seemingly no end. The game is not a game anymore. When you are chasing like this the truth is:

“Nobody gets in to see the Wizard. NOT NOBODY NOT NO HOW!”[/quote]

I totally understand where your coming from and by no means do I advocate the use of steroids or have I laid my hands on them. I just tend to stick my nose in a lot of the gray areas that I’m unfamiliar with so I can learn and grow. To be honest, I feel that steroids wouldn’t be much of an issue but the enviroment that we’re put in makes it hard to turn your back on them from what I’ve heard. I’m only in my first year and I’m only had a small taste of the competitiveness. I feel that those who arent as advantaged as some players (high paying contracts, family monetary support) have limited options and thats when they turn to steroids. They feel like they’re are on their way out and there hasnt been enough money invested in them by the organization for them to give the player a chance to excel and move up. They feel like they’re on the way out and need to change something to get noticed so they start using, hoping they can boost their game and get noticed.

This is what I’ve been exposed to and from hearing a lot of the guys talk. Everyone thinks its a sweet life playing baseball but you’re under constant strain everyday and i believe when a player is stressed to the max they turn to steroids or alcohol/drugs.

Huskie18,

I am appreciative of your time and imput on this serious topic…and your honesty about the atmosphere in the minors is really valuable. It reinforces my feelings about how choices can’t be legislated against. Organizations can cover their butts that’s all. There are alot of guys who given a few more mph could have the “opportunity” to enter that arena, perhaps Indy Ball or with some strings pulled affiliated. Who possess an average arm but big potential body,and the kind of guys that might be tempted to get there with some assistance.

You said,

I had a 25 year career with some really high highs and some really low lows. I know what stressed to the max is…and my son has lived 19 of those 25 with me. I showed him both the proper way to deal with stress and the wrong way. As a college pitcher he fits the borderline profile. The 35 percenters are perhaps more important than you think!!! If you are a part of that crowd…thank you.