Stepping up with a prediction

To some it may seen a given, to others, maybe implausable…but old jd is sayin right now that R A Dickey will win an AL Cy if not next year, real soon.

We gotta make this a sticky so we can come back to it when/if this does/doesn’t happen.

I gotta admit I’m looking forward to seeing the 2013 Jays, time will tell though if it works or if the whole Nation will be disappointed once again.

Oh…things like this get remembered…I know ASMI/ Dick Mills and a couple of other posters there have to have to face our buddy Laflippen due to the great year of Barry Zito…they were House bashing and using BZ as a poster child for what a “bad” PC House was…can you say FAIL!!! :lol: 8) :wink:

True very true.

I hope your prediction happens while he’s a Jay, but the way the Dome is a launching pad I dunno… If it’s high let it fly if its low let it go, here’s hoping he keeps the ball low when he’s at home.

Jd, I will counter that prediction.

I predict RA will have an era above 4.00 this year!

It’s on now!

Okay, as a man who loses few bets…I’ll say neither will happen. :twisted:

Gotta go with Kershaw in the NL. He could have a scary win total with runs to work with this coming season. That is unless my Dodgers do what they usually do and turn big contracts and old bats into a 3rd place division finish.

[quote=“Hammer”]Jd, I will counter that prediction.

I predict RA will have an era above 4.00 this year!

It’s on now![/quote]

This is more what I was thinking and more then likely topping out between 11-13 wins

It’s not the NL anymore, and furthermore it’s the AL East!

Exactly man and I think they play the Tiger’s a few more times this year… Just plain old nasty

I don’t care about no stinkin east AL man…these guys haven’t seen the pitch.

I know we have great pitching going on there…I stand by my pred. and yep IT’s ON!!

Unfortunately I haven’t been able to see Dickey pitch yet–will make an extra effort when the J’s play the A’s…

Nice documentary out recently that spends a lot of time on Dickey’s personal story, along w/ Wakefield, and some of the older great knuckleballers.

Well worth seeing:

http://www.knuckleballmovie.com/

[quote=“jdfromfla”]I don’t care about no stinkin east AL man…these guys haven’t seen the pitch.

I know we have great pitching going on there…I stand by my pred. and yep IT’s ON!![/quote]

Wakefield was in the AL East! They’ve seen what the dancer looks like!

I don’t know, Hammer, from that documentary I remember hearing about some differences between Dickey’s and Wakefield’s knuckler…seems to me that Dickey’s might be faster, maybe up to around 80 mph.

There may be some other qualitative differences because of the 10 mph difference in velocity…

Yeah R.A.'s knuckler is a lot quicker then Wakes was, should make the movement or lack there of more live or die by, if she ain’t moving that’s a solid BP FB that’ll be getting knocked outta the park.

I forgot about the movie I’ll have to try and find it.

Here’s a pretty funny tongue-in-cheek trailer for the Knuckleball movie…

My wife rented the actual documentary via on-line Netflix for 3 or 4 bucks

Faster k-ball and a “real” mlb fastball, Wakefields fb couldn’t break wind.

I saw the movie when they showed it on MLB Network. Very informative and interesting. And yes, I’ve seen R.A. Dickey throw it, and I’d say it’s in the low to mid-80s—what they call a “hard” knuckleball. We’ll be seeing a lot more of it now that he’s in the American League… 8)