Starting out on Pitching. Help Please

I want to start out in pitching and I really have no other sources of information that I can go to. First, I am a freshman in highschool (15 yrs old), and I am of rather small stature being 115 lbs and 5’4, and I dont throw rather hard, but I don’t care. I know that proper mechanics and pitch control along with command will get just as good or better results.

Which leads me into my question. If anybody has any suggestions or things that they used when they started with their pitching mechanics so that the ball doesn’t sail or constantly go in the dirt, but get it in or around the strike zone, would be greatly appreciated. I would like to know how you understood to use your hips and arm in a whip motion, so the ball comes out free and easy. Also, how did you understand the proper timing to release the ball so that you can put it where you want to or close to that.

Any answers, analysis, video, ideas, anything I would really appreciate. I really want to pitch, and I love the art of pitching. Thanks.

I’ll suggest that the first thing to work on could be stabilizing your head. Eliminate all movement side to side, rearward and up and down. Take your head only toward home plate. This should help with consistency.