Squat and Deadlift in the same workout

would it be all right to do a squat variation and deadlift variation in the same workout twice a week? Mondays and Thursdays?

I do. They are both ‘full body’ lifts but work the body in slightly different ways.

I would do a squat movement (knee dominant) movement on one day with a deadlift movement (hip dominant) movement on on the other day.

Doing both, the second one is going to be far far less quality than the first, provided your are either lifting for max effort of max power. The typical baseball frame is better off with lower amounts of volume.

More specifically here’s how I would set it up if you wanna be doing both…
(I’ve had great success with all of the following suggestions)

Day A
Squat (knee dominant)
First Accessory hip dominant, romanian deadlift or single leg variation, pull throughs, etc

Day B
Deadlift (hip dominant)
First accessory knee dominant, Lunges, Bulgarian Split squats, etc

I would flip them up,
Week 1, Squat for max effort, and deadlift (or olympic variation) for maximum power.
Week 2, Squat for max power, and deadlift for max effort

Or you could do it in 2-3 week blocks rather than flipping weekly.

The other option I like would be to rotate max effort squatting and deadlifting on Day A (and coincide the accessories with whatever one you did). And then on Day B do some sort of jump training, box jumps, vertical jumps, broad jumps.

Both protocols do a darn good job of making you strong and powerful . Conjugate method style.

[quote=“centerfield2150”]I would do a squat movement (knee dominant) movement on one day with a deadlift movement (hip dominant) movement on on the other day.

Doing both, the second one is going to be far far less quality than the first, provided your are either lifting for max effort of max power. The typical baseball frame is better off with lower amounts of volume.

More specifically here’s how I would set it up if you wanna be doing both…
(I’ve had great success with all of the following suggestions)

Day A
Squat (knee dominant)
First Accessory hip dominant, romanian deadlift or single leg variation, pull throughs, etc

Day B
Deadlift (hip dominant)
First accessory knee dominant, Lunges, Bulgarian Split squats, etc

I would flip them up,
Week 1, Squat for max effort, and deadlift (or olympic variation) for maximum power.
Week 2, Squat for max power, and deadlift for max effort

Or you could do it in 2-3 week blocks rather than flipping weekly.

The other option I like would be to rotate max effort squatting and deadlifting on Day A (and coincide the accessories with whatever one you did). And then on Day B do some sort of jump training, box jumps, vertical jumps, broad jumps.

Both protocols do a darn good job of making you strong and powerful . Conjugate method style.[/quote]

Thanks for the advice, I will try of of those rotations