Splitty problems

I don’t know why but every time i throw a spiltter, it looks just like a slider and doesn’t drop at all :x :x :x

i don’t want that so i was wondering if anyone would help me on developing a nasty split finger…i’d really appreciate it

by the way, here is how i’ve been throwing one…

1.grip the ball with your fingers split at the horseshoe (obviously)
2.when i throw, i throw it just like a fastball and pull my fingers through the ball if you know what i mean, but it doesn’t drop.

HELP!!

Make sure your thumb is centered under the “V” formed by your index and middle fingers. If you let the thumb move up the side of the ball towards the index finger, there will be a tendency to supinate which will create the slider effect you described.

the splitter isnt a pitch you can force. Grip it and rip it. dont try to pull ur fingers threw the ball thats just silly. because if there is a slight difference in how far one finger is compared to the other your will cause a side spin. Like if your middle finger if further down the ur right then your pitch would normally break down and to the right but the effect on the spin seems to be heightened since your force your hand threw. just split your fingers and throw.

the splitter isnt a pitch you can force. Grip it and rip it. dont try to pull ur fingers threw the ball thats just silly. because if there is a slight difference in how far one finger is compared to the other your will cause a side spin. Like if your middle finger if further down the ur right then your pitch would normally break down and to the right but the effect on the spin seems to be heightened since your force your hand threw. just split your fingers and throw.

might try putting some type of lubricant on the inside edges of your index and middle fingers to get the feel of the ball slipping between them as you release it. also try throwing a smaller pee wee ball to get the hang of it.

many big league splitty pitchers will jam a softball between their fingers to loosen them up (another example of unnatural stretching to get a desired effect. good luck. i think younger guys should look at a different pitch myself but what do i know, i’m a little league pitching trainer.