Splitter Spin

How does the Spliter suposed to spin??..mine spins like a bullet in slow motion (sorry its the only way i can thiink of describing it)…

Its suppose to look like a wobbley 2 seam fastball.

A lot of backspin so it will drop

it should barely spin, most likely a tiny bit of backspin. I believe that this reduces the magnus effect and the ball drops, or something like that.

it should barely spin, most likely a tiny bit of backspin, more backspin would prevent it from dropping [magnus effect]. I think that the lack of spin reduces the magnus effect and the ball drops, or something like that.

Isn’t that a forkball? I’m not sure the difference or such but I thought a splitfinger fastball if thats the same as a splitter is thrown just like a fastball but widen the 2-seam grip so the ball is slower with the same arm-speed making it drop.

:?: :?: :?: :?:

i read an old article about marshall and sutter and marshall said sutter was throwing a 1 finger screwball because he was gripping it splitter and when he released he flicked it with his finger so that it rotated clockwise from the catcher point of view

A splitter and forkball are almost the same thing, a forkball you’ll just jam farther into your fingers and will have almost no spin, and a splitter has more backspin and a bit more velocity… o yeah and sorry about the messed up double post there…

backspin doesn’t make a ball drop. I’m seriously doubting you even throw a curveball if you think that.

I dont throw a curveball with backspin.

Ya and im sorry, your not supposed to have a lot of backspin when you throw it.

loL@you proving how right I was.
Why would you throw a breaking ball with backspin?

Yeah, he’s correcting himself and admitting he was wrong, and there’s no need to point out how wrong he was and how right you were.