Splitter grip

ive seen many variations of the splitter grip:

Splitting the fingers at the bottom of the horseshoe where its a U

Splitting the fingers where you hold the two seam grip

Splitting the fingers at the top of the horseshoe where its an upside down U

my question is which one is the right grip or which grip works causes the most movement? I am trying to develop a splitter as a 4th pitch to go with my fastball change and curve

in my opinion split ur 2 seam grip and use the split in that way u get major downward bite if you throw it just like a fastball

does anybody have a good sinker grip that gives a lot of movement??

get the two seam fastball grip
bring your fingers together
move your thumb up on the index finger side

read the sinker/two seam post in General Pitching Advice Forum

Grips, regardless if it’s a slider or any other, depends on how your feeling on any given day, the surface conditions that your on, and some other particulars. Seeing how we’re not in the professional game with its multi-million dollar stadiums, trainers and the like, we have to make adjustments to our grip…in addition to other things, sometimes after every pitch.

So, to help you with the basics… something called ADJUSTMENTS… here’s what I suggest:

get a good baseball and mark it up with different finger, palm and thumb positions.
now try various grips and see just how effective you pitch is.
did it performan the way you wanted it to?
of course an over simplification is… try adjusting your grip.
the markings on the ball will at least give you a REFERENCE POINT of where you were last… and the witness of what happen or not.

The picture below should give you some indication of how to mark a ball for this excercise. By the way… pitching coaches call this method of starting and referencing you finger - palm - and thumb placements …
Dialing the Ball.

Hope this helps you.

Coach B.

i dont get it

where did u find that at what website

kelvinp,…you posted…

Splitting the fingers at the bottom of the horseshoe where its a U … then … Splitting the fingers where you hold the two seam grip …then… Splitting the fingers at the top of the horseshoe where its an upside down U

my question is which one is the right grip or which grip works causes the most movement?

The only way that you’re going to answer that question(s) is /are to try these various grips yourself … and see which one works best for you. So much of this answer(s) that you’re looking for depends on your physique, your hand size, what physical endowments you bring to the challenge of this pitch and so forth. And the reasons for making ADJUSTMENTS, possibly after every pitch… in other words altering the grip slightly…will be due to the conditions that I outlined in my last post… field conditions, how your feeling on any given day… and so on.

When you get a baseball and try one grip… take a soft tip marking pen and outline where your fingers and thumb placement is. Then try that grip by actually pitching the ball. If that grip worked for you… then bingo!! you don’t have to got any further… that’s the grip that’s worked best for you… for THAT PARTICULAR PITCH. And if you want to see various grips for the pitch your interested in… in addition to others, at the top of this web site there’s an excellent reference source on grips but clicking on the information bar …[size=18]Pitching Articles[/size], then go to the topic called “pitching grips of a baseball”.

Coach B.