Spin on plant foot when planting while pitching

I am a 16 year old left handed pitcher. When I pitch, I tend to spin on my right foot (plant foot) when I step to throw. I don’t plant solid like a normal pitcher. Was wondering if anyone has heard of this problem or has a way to fix it?

Could you post some video so we can look at what you doing currently? It would help a lot to visualize your motion and stuff.

If I understand you correctly, it’s not a big deal.

If your mound is made of normal dirt, it’s not uncommon for the rotation of your upper body to travel back down to the lower half and turn your foot to the glove side.
If your mound is hard clay, your spikes will dig in properly and will usually prevent that turn of your foot.
So, if your mound is kinda crappy, don’t worry about it.

I think we need to see at what point in your delivery your foot spins. If it’s late enough then, as CoachPaul said, it might not be an issue. Otherwise it could be an indicator of body mass tracking in a different direction than stride direction which can introduce other issues. I there a specific issue you think the foot spin causes you?

No specific issue, as I have always pitched this way and only became aware that I was spinning on my foot recently. I will get a video for you all soon.

here is a video Roger @Coach_Baker @CoachPaul

You’re right. At foot plant, which is at 0:11, you can see your foot is open to the right, toward third base. I don’t think you’re foot is spinning open so much as it is landing open. Here is a screen shot:

I don’t see any drive from the back leg. It looks like you lean forward to throw the ball…no intent to throw it hard.

That’s a tough camera angle from which to analyze but I agree there is no momentum generation. Also looks like some unnecessary side-to-side head movement/postural instability. And glove arm might not be getting to “equal & opposite” position with the throwing arm. Some of these things could be contributing to the “open” foot plant.

Get the camera off the ground and pointing toward you from 1st base or from behind home plate

If you can have someone hold the camera from behind - just off to your throwing side, then another set of shots from the front, again just off to your throwing side. Then finally, directly from the front - making sure your video camera is in a direct line from your pivot foot to home plate.