Spencer's Flight to the Top

Goals: Play in the Show for 20 years

Master control of my FB, Change-up, and curve, split
Prevent injury

Reach 90+ by springtime
Be a reliable, durable starter

Will start keeping track of my training once practice ends

Good Luck, and I look forward to reading about your progress!

Closed today…

1 hit, pop up, backwards K, fly out in that order. Game Over

Closed today…

out, out, walk, hit, hit (run), out at home

coach was calling only FB and I kept shaking my catcher off but he wouldnt give me anything else

I talked to coach afterwards and he said to shake stuff off… So I told the catcher that so everything should be clear tomorrow…

Should I have called the catcher to the mound and told him to call a new pitch when I shake off even if coach wants fb?

Edit: just talked to him on the phone. He said he was calling fb for the batters that hadn’t batted as much to see if they could hit.

As a pitcher you better throw what you want to. He wanted to see if they could hit? Did you tell him that it wasn’t his era that was gonna take a hit? Your the boss, make sure your catcher knows that.

Yeah I was thinking, “well what about my whip/era?!”

anyways… I’m probably pitching tomorrow also.

Edit: Coach said on the phone that if I shake off a pitch during the spring season (against other teams), I damn well better execute. If he brings it up again I’m going to say, “well during the spring season you’re not going to be seeing if the batters can hit are you? I’m trying to get the batters out.”

:roll: :roll:

I predict you will succeed faster than RIstar. :mrgreen: Seeing as you’re on a “flight” and he’s on a “road” to the top. As we all know, planes are faster than cars.

Exactly my thoughts! I didn’t want to be on one of those generic roads. I’m going to get where I’m going and I’m going to get there fast!

Edit: Coach said on the phone that if I shake off a pitch during the spring season (against other teams), I damn well better execute. If he brings it up again I’m going to say, “well during the spring season you’re not going to be seeing if the batters can hit are you? I’m trying to get the batters out.”

:roll: :roll:[/quote]

That’s probably one of the last things you’d want to say to a coach. I’m just letting you know as I have coached for the past few years (football and basketball mainly) that if a player said that to me he would not see the field for a number of games. Whether or not you agree with him, you need to show respect.

That’s why I had the rolling of the eyes smileys, I was rolling my eyes at myself. It just pisses me off.

Didn’t pitch (11/1), it got dark before the 9th inning so I didn’t get to close :cry:
This game decided who would serve drinks at the fall banquet and fortunately, my team won so we don’t have to serve anything.

Anyways, bullpens Tuesday.

8 hour weeks start.

Run, maintenance work, throw, towels, lift today

:roll: :roll:[/quote]

That’s probably one of the last things you’d want to say to a coach. I’m just letting you know as I have coached for the past few years (football and basketball mainly) that if a player said that to me he would not see the field for a number of games. Whether or not you agree with him, you need to show respect.[/quote]

While I wouldn’t bad mouth the coach I would ask him what he’s thinking??? I want to see if the kid could hit? That’s the most absurd thing I’ve ever heard. If I’m the coach I want to see you succeed and get him out, not see the hitter get a damn hit! I agree respect your coaches, but damn sounds like a guy I wouldn’t feel comfortable calling my pitches for me. It’s a shame when you get coaches who think they know what their doing and they try and take over an aspect of the game… like calling the game itself… and they really probably aren’t qualified at all… In the end your the one going to bed at night knowing you gave a guy a cookie to hit when you could have made a better pitch.

He’s a good coach and knows the game well.

I wasn’t giving them cookies, I was giving them fireballs :lol:

Going to bullpen and catch this weekend at an NPA camp.

Lift test today

Squat 335
Leg Press 400
1 leg press 200
leg curl 170
1 leg curl 70
leg ext 170
1 leg ext 70
Bench press 205
Lat pull down 175
Row 250
Front pull down 180