Speed wise

How fast should a 14 year old be throwing?

Fast enough until the opposing batters can’t hit your fastball. That’d be a sound goal to set wouldn’t ya say? :wink:

sounds good to me. :smiley:

Well im 14 too and i have been trying to figure that out. How fast do you pitch? I throw mid 60’s. Not too fast in my league

I throw about 64 MPH but I’ve never pitched before

Folks will tell you that it isn’t speed that makes you a successful pitcher, it is changing speeds and throwing strikes that makes you a successful pitcher.

That said, the list of great pitchers who didn’t have a high velocity fastball is extremely short. Then again, the list of cup-of-coffee pitchers with 95 mph heaters is long. :roll: Seems that in order to be in that rarified list of “greats” you need more than just speed. But if you don’t have that speed, chances are long indeed.

The bottom line is just be as good as you can be. Not everyone will be one of the great ones, but you can definitely be one of the very good ones with hard work and determination. Nature will determine how fast you can naturally become, but you should strive to maximize the gifts that you have been given.

!Clunk! Ouch. That soapbox was higher than it looked!

Good luck and have fun!

[quote=“hoseman18”]Folks will tell you that it isn’t speed that makes you a successful pitcher, it is changing speeds and throwing strikes that makes you a successful pitcher.

That said, the list of great pitchers who didn’t have a high velocity fastball is extremely short. Then again, the list of cup-of-coffee pitchers with 95 mph heaters is long. :roll: Seems that in order to be in that rarified list of “greats” you need more than just speed. But if you don’t have that speed, chances are long indeed.

The bottom line is just be as good as you can be. Not everyone will be one of the great ones, but you can definitely be one of the very good ones with hard work and determination. Nature will determine how fast you can naturally become, but you should strive to maximize the gifts that you have been given.

!Clunk! Ouch. That soapbox was higher than it looked!

Good luck and have fun![/quote]

Thats is true people always preach location, location, location but they should preach speed and location.