Sox vs. Yanks

Game times at New York: Fri 7pm, Sat 1pm, Sun 8pm
Probable Pitchers: Friday Miley v Eovaldi, Saturday Wright v Warren, Sunday Buchholz v Tanaka

Miley will need to get ahead in the counts to avoid walks and long balls. If he can do that, he has a great chance to continue his success against the Yankee hitters.
The Sox offense, now playing in an AL park, will be able to run its proper batting order. With some pop at the top and the middle of the order doing its job, I would give the Sox the edge in this early season match-up.

Sunday’s pitching match-up of Buchholz v Tanaka should be a good one. I just wish it would have been an earlier start time!

Is anyone else planning to watch this weekend? Thoughts on the games?

I’d love to be able to see some of the games but I’m too busy this weekend.

I hope it’s one heckuva series

Game 1 was better as it got older. The Sox should have won in regulation, but the Yanks would not go quietly. The Sox scored go ahead runs three times in extra innings, but the Yankees came up a bit short in the bottom of the 19th frame. This game featured 15 pitching changes, took 6 hours and 49 minutes to play and featured a 19 minute delay due to power surge.
The teams will power nap and go at it again in a few hours. I can’t wait.
The Sox hike up to 3-1 on the season, while the Bronx Bombers descend to 1-3.

Another quality start for the last-minute starter Joe Kelly. 7 IP and retiring 17 consecutive on the way to an 8-4 win. The Yankee defense struggled all day. Also, the Sox capitalized on a reversal from instant replay for 3 runs. Sox improve to 4 -1 and look to sweep the struggling Yanks tomorrow night.