Soreness on back of shoulder

i pitched yesterday in a game where the mound was uber high, that sucked and the landing spot was a hole that was short of where my usual spot is and i couldn’t get my back flat. had a terrible first and then a good second inning but then i stiffened up in the back of my shoulder.

any advice both on my soreness and what to do with such a crappy mound.

You might be able to see how i really couldnt get my back flat, this was my worst outing since i was maybe 9 argh.

If you were throwing off a mound that was taller than usual, then gravity was helping to accelerate your arm a little more than usual and your backside decelerators were probably worked a little harder than usual. This is how throwing off a mound is harder on the arm than throwing off flat ground.

Assuming this was a one-time thing, you’ll probably be fine after some time and rest. But you may have also exposed a weak link. So, after that rest and recovery, you might consider working on strengthening those decelerators.

What exercises can I do to strengthen those muscles? Thanks for the comments ROger.

Seated rows.

Bent-over rows.

Tubing exercises where you pull back or out away from your body.

You can also do exercises like arm circles with the shoulder blades pinched together.

There’s probably others - maybe others will suggest some.

[quote=“Roger”]Seated rows.

Bent-over rows.

Tubing exercises where you pull back or out away from your body.

You can also do exercises like arm circles with the shoulder blades pinched together.

There’s probably others - maybe others will suggest some.[/quote]

seated rows are great, standing rows, lat pull-downs are good, Romanian deadlifts for lower back are good (although not really decelerator muscles), prone rowing, etc. There’s plenty of good ways to build up your back… they say you should do three pull exercises for every one push exercise…

Thanks a lot, I am playing again this weekend and then I am going to get into some additional conditioning exercises, I am 13 right now but my dad thinks I can get into this a little now, except stretching and running I havn’t had much exercises like this except some tubes.