Sore arm

For the past 2 weeks I’ve had arm pain in my entire bicep and just above the elbow joint of the tricep. The pain goes up the front of my bicep and into the front of my shoulder but isn’t nearly as bad as it is in my bicep and tricep.

When I’m throwing with my team we get about, 15-20 warm up tosses and then go right into throwing 100% which is never a good thing so I’m thinking it is from this. The day after this training I go and do an hour of pitcher specific training and then an hour of throwing (drills). Today after about 2 throws it started to hurt so I took a few more tosses and it hurt more and more each time so I shut it down and got a rub from a trainer there and ice put on it.

Told me to take a week off and not even touch a baseball and then after a week start back by throwing very lightly for a few days… not going above 60mph.

The pain is kind of dull and then at random times it has a short shooting pain. My fingers feel kind of numbish and after I threw tonight it hurt to lift my arm above my head. After icing now the numbness and shooting pain is gone it just feels weak and sore.

So, does it sound like fatigue or something more serious?

A sore arm is a peculiar—and problematical thing. Often it isn’t much more than fatigue, and in that case it would clear up with several days’ rest and gradually easing back into throwing (not 100% at first). But the way it persists with you, I’d recommend that you get it checked out to make sure it’s nothing more serious.
I remember when after the 1951 World Series, when Ed Lopat pitched two complete games and won them both, he suddenly couldn’t lift his left arm. The weather may have been a factor; it had been cold and rainy all through the Series. He started the 1952 season on the shelf; the doctors couldn’t make head or tail of what was wrong with him. Then he suddenly remembered an orthopedic surgeon whom he’d known in Chicago when he’d been with the White Sox. He flew out there, and the doctor examined him and told him that what he had was tendonitis in his left (throwing) shoulder. The treatment the doctor prescribed was unorthodox, even bizarre, and they don’t do this any more—but it was a series of ten X-ray treatments, and it worked. Lopat returned to New York, came off the disabled list, and he was pitching better than ever—from then until the end of the 1954 season he ran up a record of 33-8.
So get your arm examined—I’d hate to see anything happen to you that would curtail your mound activities. 8)

When my son suffered w/ a sore arm,we did therpay and stretching.
Also we added running into our work outs.
Running is a big help when it comes to healling a arms after pitching,for every inning pitched,a pitcher should run 2 laps or foul pole to foul pole 2 times. Even after he recovered from a sore arm,he continued to run and increase his velocity and stamina by 20% in just a few weeks. Now as a sophmore,he throws between 78-85 mph and has room for improvement.Try this a see what happens.