Sophomore Pitcher Clip

i am a right handed pitcher and a sophomore on varsity. i’m 5’9" and weigh about 180. i have a 4 seam (low 80’s) a curve and a plus change. here’s a full inning without editing (my dad felt the need to add music however. feel free to mute :slight_smile: )

any advice, feed back, or comments is appreciated :slight_smile:

throw harder

is that a balk around the 250 mark?

no its not. you can pick while coming set

I don’t see a balk, lookes like just a nice jump turn.

On mechanics, the only thing I see is that you kinda drop your shoulders forward and ball up a little both in your windup and in the stretch, I would like to see you use your height more and stay taller.

[quote=“Austin Salnitis”]The Not so good:
You threw a couple that were absolute meatballs ( like the first hit) [/quote]

well if you can see that pitch was inside…he stepped out and completely inside-outed that ball.

I know your allowed to jump turn. It looks like he starts his motion and then jumps.

i was starting my motion. i picked as i was coming set…which isn’t a balk

Looks like a great move . According to the rules. He shall go to the set position without interuption and in one continuois motion.

i’ve been doin that move my whole life…and i’ve never gotten a balk called before

[quote=“buwhite”]
On mechanics, the only thing I see is that you kinda drop your shoulders forward and ball up a little both in your windup and in the stretch, I would like to see you use your height more and stay taller.[/quote]

what do you mean by that exactly?

wow…seriously?..

What I mean is that as you come to the post, your shoulders come forward and you look as though you lean forward at that point, this can affect your balance as you start to move toward home.

Like a lot of people you don’t use your hips well. Look at the Hershier drill or Wolforth Hook Em drill. (They are basically the same.) Also, your tempo could be faster. You seem to kill momentum by coming to a balance point.

Hope that helps.

[quote=“Slewbacca”]Like a lot of people you don’t use your hips well. Look at the Hershier drill or Wolforth Hook Em drill. (They are basically the same.) Also, your tempo could be faster. You seem to kill momentum by coming to a balance point.

Hope that helps.[/quote]
coming to a balance point is bad…?? i dont think so. what about this???

Maybe that is why Haren only has an average fastball. I believe that if you are looking for optimal mechanics, you have to look at high level throwers- pitchers throwing 95+.