Sometimes feeling like not playing

Just a question. and be honest.
Do you ever have a game and u feel like not even playing?
Like there’s a game at 9 am and you dont feel like playing, you feel sleepy or whatever the reason is. Maybe its because you are not having fun on your team or whatever.

I’ve had a few of those games. Just don’t want to play because you would rather be somewhere else doing something else… like sleeping or playing grab ass with this really cute girl at a party.

2 red bulls, a 5 hour energy, an 2 bottles of smelling salts.

thatll wake ya’ up :smiley:

Do you guys think its normal?
For a player to not wana play one game or tournament.
Do you think some major leaguers have this too?
I sometimes dont feel like playing some days because my arm is hurt or sore, and i know whenever im gonna throw i get pain. and i just hate it because i really wanna play/pitch without pain. theres sometimes i dont have fun playing with the team i play for because of the coaching favoritism and dont feel like playing either. but thats about it.

i’m sure everybody has times when they would rather do something else.

I see somebody has their mind on something else besides baseball, LOL.
:bigtup:

Yes. It’s normal from time to time. Heck, we used to PRAY for rain on some days in the minors, just for a break! Even had a coach once “accidentally” forget to turn off the sprinklers the night before a game on a collegiate summer league team, just to get a day off. (He actually didn’t admit to doing it when the GM cam in the next day all pissed off, but he was the only one with a key, lol. And we really needed the night off.)

But frankly as you continue to move up levels, you need to find ways to perform on those days when your mind is at war with your situation. Need to create motivation for yourself. That’s the trick. The sooner you learn it, the better you’ll be able to overcome those types of days.

[quote=“Steven Ellis”]Yes. It’s normal from time to time. Heck, we used to PRAY for rain on some days in the minors, just for a break! Even had a coach once “accidentally” forget to turn off the sprinklers the night before a game on a collegiate summer league team, just to get a day off. (He actually didn’t admit to doing it when the GM cam in the next day all pissed off, but he was the only one with a key, lol. And we really needed the night off.)

But frankly as you continue to move up levels, you need to find ways to perform on those days when your mind is at war with your situation. Need to create motivation for yourself. That’s the trick. The sooner you learn it, the better you’ll be able to overcome those types of days.[/quote]

Reminds me of Crash Davis teaching the young guys about “rain delays” in Bull Durham. :lol:

And conversely, there are situations where a game is delayed or even postponed by adverse weather conditions and the players are ticked off because they wanted to get out there and play! It works both ways. :roll:

I always find that on these days something incredible happens, something that makes busting your ass completely worth it.

Even if somebody else does something amazing it still makes it seem like its all worth it.

That is hilarious :lol:

I have been injured for 2 months now, and have not thrown a baseball in that time. I still go to all my team’s games, but I just sit on the bench. This is so frustrating for me, so if rain is in the forecast, I pray that we get soaked so I don’t have to go watch another game from the dugout. It makes being injured so much worse when you watch other people playing, and you just gotta sit there and do nothing.

I can’t say I’ve ever had a single game, my entire life, through my whole 13 years of baseball where I didn’t want to play. I am always wanting to play baseball no matter what, whether i’m sore, got girl problems, or anything.

Good stuff! And welcome to the forums, by the way :slight_smile:

Let’s take what Steven posted here and look a little deeper in your “getting a leg up” on the next guy.

This post is not meant for the 15 and under player.

As you go higher in the competitive market place you’re not only playing against another club - but, your playing against every number on the roster. Just the way it is.

So…,

See a guy who’s down-and-out about grinding it out in the sun that day, well, beat-em to the field, beat-em on shagg-n balls, beat-em on taking BP, beat every single number on your club’s roster with doing something that’ll get you noticed ahead of everybody else.

Competitve baseball is a business - curel, cut-ya-off-at-the-***'s business. It’s all about getting noticed first to get your foot in the door, then slam the door behind you so no one else squeezes in behind you.

See a day when ANYONE looks like… " awhhhh, I’d rather be somewhere else…" … just think to yourself… fantastic… here’s my chance to push one more slug out of my way.

The trick is to work on the fine art of getting to the front of the line without being too me-myself-n-I.

Coach B.

“It makes being injured so much worse when you watch other people playing, and you just gotta sit there and do nothing.”

----Corsair…I’m not trying to trivialize the frustration you feel when you can’t contribute on the field because you’re on the bench with an injury.

However, the premise that you have no choice but “sit there and do nothing” is wrong. As a pitcher, you should consider using that time to study every hitter/pitcher matchup–hell, chart the pitches and take notes.

If you detect any tendencies from the opposition’s pitchers, let your coach and/or offense know what you are seeing. If you notice any holes in the opposing offense, offer the information to your coach and/or defense.

Even if you think that nobody wants to hear your opinion right now, keep collecting the information and thinking about its meaning. At some point along the way, if your analytical skills develop enough…I guarantee that your teammates and coaches will want to hear your insights.

Except for outright mismatches, baseball is a game of very small edges–smart guys who can help their coaches and teammates find an edge are always valuable.

You have to love this game or it will dog you to the point where you dont want to be out there. I played 3 years of varsity and missed one practice. 2 years at Laney and was always at practice even when I redshirted. 9 years of pro baseball on good and horrible teams, but was always excited to get on the field for batting practice and games. I coached 5 years of baseball in Oakland on some bad teams but only missed 2 games due to illness. I love being on the baseball field with baseball players. I have had games where I was playing terrible but couldn’t wait for my next ab or for the next ball to be hit to me. If you dont love being on the field every chance you get the game will get ride of you period. You have to love it!

Nope, not for me, I just love the game!

Yeah I know that…
Im just saying, do you think its normal?

[quote=“king.navarro34”]Yeah I know that…
Im just saying, do you think its normal?[/quote]
of course it’s normal.

Yea man its normal.

NEVER show it though.