Some Important Foods For Energy or Overall Fitness

I know there are some serious nutrition guys on this site, so what are some foods that I should really try to be eating.
I’m a Phys Ed major and I’m taking a class right now that the professor just tells us all the things we eat are going to give us heart attacks. I know that everything isn’t as bad for you as she is making it seem, but I also know that there are certain foods to avoid and certain foods that should be in every athletes diet… WHAT ARE SOME OF THE GOOD ONES??

These are Berardi’s “superfoods”

Lean red meat, Salmon, Omega 3 eggs, Lowfat plain yogurt, supplemental proteins (powders), spinach, tomatoes, cruciferous vegetables (brocoli, cabbage, cauliflower), mixed berries, oranges, beans, quinoa, whole oats, mixed nuts, avocados, olive oil, fish oil, flax seeds, green tea, liquid exercise drinks

If you check out his site, John Berardi gives a ton of free articles and resources.

thanks for that what else tho what are some healthy foods that you guys eat for a little energy… like for example i love all natural peanut butter and jelly on whole wheat bread

Thats helathy depending on the ammount of sugar in the Jelly. Whole wheat foods are easy ways of just being generaly healthy.

I like natty pb and honey. Honey gives a natural infusion of sugar (and it’s tasty).

Here is a handy list of high energy foods which you could attempt to integrate into your daily diet. A high energy food can supply your body with additional energy needed to get through the day.

Vegetables
Nuts
Yogurt
Eggs
Orange & Other Fruit Juice
Beans & Lentils
Seeds

So there you have it, an easy to follow list of ingredients which can help your body be more energetic throughout the day. If you would like additional information, including high energy food recipes, why not take a look at the high energy food recipe section of the BBC’s website

http://www.reviewlization.com/customized-fat-loss-review/
http://www.reviewlization.com/customized-fat-loss-review/

A lot of great foods have been mentioned here…some of my personal favorites are salmon, avocados, eggs, spinach, blueberries, oranges, broccoli, and sweet potatoes. I’ve been on a smoothie kick lately which is actually a great way to get a number of fruits and vegetables in your system at one time. If you take any pre or post workout powder, adding it into a smoothie is simple and a great way to add it into your diet. An energy boosting smoothie can go as follows: apples, lemons, spinach, celery, papaya and if you want you can add in chia seeds and/or your pre/post workout.