Software for mechanics analysis

Any recommendations for software to analyze mechanics?

I’m looking for something the will allow me to transfer from iphone video & a non HD camcorder that is 60fps.

My biggest thing is getting software where I can mark spots in the delivery at various frames. I guess another wish is having something I could save & send to others via email that could be opended easily.

Outside of that I’m looking for easy, low cost… nothing too intense. Right now I use quicktime basic.

Look into a program called Kinovea. It’s a free download and looks to do what you want. I have only messed with it a little but it looks promising. The price looks right too :smiley:

Kinovea is great. We used it for our 2-dimensional kinematic analysis work, and a program very similar to it (or exactly it, possibly) is used by 3P Sports to do their mechanical analysis/kinematic measurements.

I now use HU-M-AN and multiple 210fps/420fps cameras for kinematic/kinetic measurements, but that’s probably a bit much for ya. :slight_smile:

Oh my, you guys made my day. Thats perfect.

KyleB, love what ur doin up in seatlle. Cant wait to see how far you go with your stuff.

[quote=“12JTWilson”]Oh my, you guys made my day. Thats perfect.

KyleB, love what ur doin up in seatlle. Cant wait to see how far you go with your stuff.[/quote]

Thanks! Just made a big post in a series of them that will detail our Velocity Development Program.

Using Kinovea, you can do some cool stuff like roughly track the trajectory of the elbow, wrist, and ball. Here’s an example we did about a year ago when we were testing the software with our Casio Exilim high-speed cameras:

http://drivelinebaseball.com/sample/masontrajectory.gif