So what has Greinke been doing

…That got him off to one of the strongest starts in Mlb history? I see the highlight reels, but I don’t get to watch him on a regular basis, so I can’t really tell whats making him so unhittable. My guess is locating that 95 mph heat of his well, dropping that big slow curve in to get them off balance, and snapping off that filthy slider to put them away, but again I only see the highlights so idk. Anyone see more of him?

They’ve been saying he’s had the fastball command of Maddux and the filthy off-speed pitches of Smoltz in his prime.

Yeah, I think that would do it

Me and the assistant coach on our high school team were arguing the other day because he has Greinke on his fantasy team and he was saying that he would break Gibson’s ERA record. I don’t think it will happen but he’s kept it up for awhile now so he’s got a somewhat decent shot at it I think.

We’ll see about that, he has as good of a shot as anyone of late, but 1.12 is a different level lol. Hell I’d wager he’ll finish with 20+ wins, 225+ innings, 250+ K’s, <30 walks, and a sub 2.00 era, thats a hell of a decent season.

Remember - these are the Royals you are talking about. :lol:

(Spoken like a true Cardinals fan!)

Remember - these are the Royals you are talking about. :lol:

(Spoken like a true Cardinals fan!)[/quote]

Remember, this is no mere mortal were talking about here lol. This man could throw a ball 98 mph into a teacup from 60’6

Yeah. I wish we had him too! He’s the only thing that has kept the Royals alive the past few years since they have a bad habit of letting all their talent leave. I have to say that the Royals are looking much better this year though. Not quite the minor league team they have been as of late.

I agree 100%, I say in 2010 or 2011 at the latest they should make the postseason. Not this year, there an arm or two and a bat away from competing at that level, but they’ve got Greinke and his .81 ERA signed for 4 years, they’ve got Gordon, they’ve got Soria, they have the minor league talent. The pieces are in place for the Royals performance to turn around very soon.

Maybe we’ll eventually see another I-70 World Series lol

We’d have to dust off ol’ Don Dinkinger and have him throw out the first pitch!

Do you guys know that a couple years ago Greinke was thinking about hanging em up and going back to Florida and either mowing lawns or trying to join the PGA Tour?

Wasn’t that his second year with the Royals when he just seemed to run into a brick wall and just couldn’t get out of his own way?

Wasn’t that his second year with the Royals when he just seemed to run into a brick wall and just couldn’t get out of his own way?[/quote]He had a condition where he wouldnt be thinking about the game as he was pitching, he was thinking about other things, like the press, things off the field while he was playing. He got some help from a doctor and the rest is history. He had a sort of anti-social thing I believe.

Wasn’t that his second year with the Royals when he just seemed to run into a brick wall and just couldn’t get out of his own way?[/quote]He had a condition where he wouldnt be thinking about the game as he was pitching, he was thinking about other things, like the press, things off the field while he was playing. He got some help from a doctor and the rest is history. He had a sort of anti-social thing I believe.[/quote]

Social anxiety disorder and depression to the point where medication was needed, yeah, but hes doing alot better now obviously