So Frustrating

I can control my 4-seamer and my curve very well but just recently I started to see some HUGE movement on my 2-seamer. However, how long should I expect it to be before I can control it because Ive been throwing it ALOT but I still leave it a little high and too far inside, obviously the high part could be not striding long enough but either way it is a control issue.

Also my changeup which I have always been able to keep low has been goin WAY insider with NO movement on it. My brother (who catches for me) doesnt see any differences in my mechanics so Im not sure of the cause of this.

FOLLOW THROUGH. High and inside is a sign of you not finishing it. You might be seeing the movement just because it rolls off your fingers different when you don’t follow through. Just make sure you finish the pitch and you’ll see it start coming down, and back over the plate.

I know I’m going to be ripped apart for saying this but trying “getting on top of it” for some reason since I try to have that mindset with I throw it I have alot better control. Keep in mind though, this is when im in the bullpen. When i get into the game I hope that i have already gotten control of it and then I just try to repeat the same motion. Just tell yourself to get on top of it maybe it will help.

Yea that does sound right…Most (not all) accurate pitchers pitch overhand. I watched a player on my team change dramatically just by simply throwing overhand instead of sidearm. He added lots of speed and control also.

Opening up the shoulders too early usually causes the arm to drag through the zone and often results in pitches sailing up and in.

Since noone has ripped you apart yet, I will…

Just kidding! :smiley: Actually, what does it mean to “get on top of it”? Usually, this phrase refers to not keeping the fingers on top of the ball. However, the cause doesn’t necessary have to do with the hand or fingers. The cause is very likely something else - like poor posture (leaning to the side) or balance (falling off to the side), opening up too early, etc.

Yea that does sound right…Most (not all) accurate pitchers pitch overhand. I watched a player on my team change dramatically just by simply throwing overhand instead of sidearm. He added lots of speed and control also.[/quote]

Getting on top of the ball doesn’t mean to pitch overhand. I actually prefer pitchers to go from a 3/4 arm slot. More power, and it allows for better movement. Staying on top of the ball means you keep your fingers on top of the ball throughout your entire movement.