Snow school todayyyyyyy

Maryland/D.C. is getting hit hard today again. Almost 40 inches of snow total.

First time since my frosh year of college school has been canceled.

Wyoming’s been drier than usual, the jet stream has been weird this winter, it’s carried all the storms around us and out east, lol. We’re usually the ones getting hit like that, we’d still be in school with that much snow probably. lol

We haven’t had school all week.

I am envious of you lucky buggers on the east coast.

Pustulio,

Please come to Arizona and get all this wet stuff and take it back to Wyoming. :x

Pittsburgh and Philly are getting hammered with snow and NOW it’s a big crisis. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nobody in Harrisburg gives a rats rear end about northwestern PA when we’re having the snot kicked out of us with lake effect snow 100 inches at a time… Oh I feel real sorry for you guys. Achew!!! are you catching a cold??? :roll:

Alrighty Roger and the rest of you, I’m ready to haul this back to Wyoming, we just got out of a drought last year and we’re getting it again, plus there’s plenty of open space to put all that snow.

My meteorology class has been studying the bizarre weather this winter damned el niño systemt is keeping the snow away from us, our snow is usually dry anyways (so what is 3 feet to you is 5 inches to us) and now we aren’t getting any moisture at all. The jet stream is completely avoiding Wyoming and then it’s picking up moisture at the gulf of mexico and taking it all out east.

[quote=“Dino”]Pittsburgh and Philly are getting hammered with snow and NOW it’s a big crisis. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nobody in Harrisburg gives a rats rear end about northwestern PA when we’re having the snot kicked out of us with lake effect snow 100 inches at a time… Oh I feel real sorry for you guys. Achew!!! are you catching a cold??? :roll:[/quote]

Dino my school is 5 minutes from Gettysburg and 45 mins from Harrisburg.

Were in crisis mode on route 15

Working as a wireless engineer (My day job) I was asked to go lend a hand up there in the DC area…ya know what??? After growing up in Chicago and spending my teen years in the Ohio Valley (Most people don’t know that means “Another daggone icestorm” in Shawnee :shock: )…I don’t miss that stuff even a very little bit. Pustulio…I’d see if Roger will go ahead and rent you out a room.
I just want all of you chilled out shivering types up there to know…down here, where it’s warm…it takes way less clothes to be completely comfortable :mrgreen: :nod: :greengrin: of course (This is just teasing if Zita is reading this) if all of yer wimmin are ugly…it’s better to have all that “stuff” on :wink: and we play baseball starting right now…

But please stay uppa yonder if you would…we really don’t want the ones that aren’t smart enough to figure that the above mentioned facts, coupled with zero state income taxes mean the Florida isn’t such a bad address :lol:

JD, we may not have all those things that you have in Florida but we do have zero state income taxes in Wyoming.

Well at least you have that Pustulio old boy 8)
You gots buffalo too so it works out right?

[quote]Dino my school is 5 minutes from Gettysburg and 45 mins from Harrisburg.

Were in crisis mode on route 15[/quote]

It’s not that I don’t understand all the fuss. Lots of power outages because the trees haven’t been trimmed properly, very few four wheel drives to get around, skimpy salt stockpiles and a lack of snow removal equipment. Yeah, that’s a crisis.

It’s just that I live in that crap five months of the year. I can remember patrolling the interstate in military humvees, standing out in complete whiteout blizzards because I didn’t want to die getting crushed in my patrol car, jumping over guide rails and into culverts to avoid getting creamed by runaway tractor trailer combinations and driviing my zones by looking out the passenger side window at the guiderail to make sure I stayed on the road only to come up on a stop sign and realize I’d gone down the ramp and not realized it. So I feel sorry for all you guys down there. I really do. BTW Gettysburg is a real nice area and the battlefield is a national treasure.

[quote=“jdfromfla”]Well at least you have that Pustulio old boy 8)
You gots buffalo too so it works out right?[/quote]

Only state in the Union where there’s more cattle than people, that’s a fact!

Being in a sparse and spread out state is annoying when it comes to traveling but to be honest, I like living in a small town atmosphere. There are some things I wish we had like a decent movie theater, an indoor batting cage, a shopping center other than Walmart but there are some nice things about living here, just the atmosphere I guess is what I like about Wyoming.

Oh and we have Yellowstone, Teton and Jackson Hole.

Plus our windmills and oil fields and coal mines give you buggers in Florida most of your power.

[quote=“Dino”][quote]Dino my school is 5 minutes from Gettysburg and 45 mins from Harrisburg.

Were in crisis mode on route 15[/quote]

It’s not that I don’t understand all the fuss. Lots of power outages because the trees haven’t been trimmed properly, very few four wheel drives to get around, skimpy salt stockpiles and a lack of snow removal equipment. Yeah, that’s a crisis.

It’s just that I live in that crap five months of the year. I can remember patrolling the interstate in military humvees, standing out in complete whiteout blizzards because I didn’t want to die getting crushed in my patrol car, jumping over guide rails and into culverts to avoid getting creamed by runaway tractor trailer combinations and driviing my zones by looking out the passenger side window at the guiderail to make sure I stayed on the road only to come up on a stop sign and realize I’d gone down the ramp and not realized it. So I feel sorry for all you guys down there. I really do. BTW Gettysburg is a real nice area and the battlefield is a national treasure.[/quote]

Oh believe me, i’ve grown up in MAINE the most northern state on continental U.S.

I thought moving to maryland for college was going to the SOUTH!!

Very interesting, is there a particular reason for this?

Not very many people + Lot’s of farm land = This result

The government owns over half the land in Wyoming.

Wyoming has a rich history of cattle ranching, and turf wars were fought on public lands used for range. Kinda like the inner city public housing drug wars of today. You see, you get the government involved and it screws everything up. :twisted:

Yep, and Wyoming is where California and Florida get most of their energy because of all the windmills and coal mines and oil fields.