Snake Oil

What is snake oil, and can it help your arm? I am asking this because I read a book about Satchel Paige, and he said Snake Oil was his secret to his arm’s durability.

So it works?

Snake oil. It’s like the"bippy" so often referred to in Rowan and Martin’s “Laugh-In”—or Satchel Paige’s “be-ball”. It’s whatever you want it to be. And when you stop to think about it, it is at bottom a good lubricant or liniment or anything that can be used as a rubdown for the arm. I used to use witch hazel for that purpose, to rub down the old soupbone after a game, and it’s just as good as anything else. 8)

Does Snake Oil work? Do Phiten necklaces work???

I prefer smoke and mirrors. :crazy:

I’ve had my Phiten Necklace for over 6 years now. I have never had one injury. I haven’t had so much as a cold.

One time the doctor told me I had H1N1. i said where? He said my phiten necklace trapped it inside of it.

THATS how good they are.

lol but really, everyones fell into the phiten fad at leasttttt once. I have really had mine for 6 years+ now but its in terrible shape.

I’ve had my Phiten Necklace for over 6 years now. I have never had one injury. I haven’t had so much as a cold.

One time the doctor told me I had H1N1. i said where? He said my phiten necklace trapped it inside of it.

THATS how good they are.

lol but really, everyones fell into the phiten fad at leasttttt once. I have really had mine for 6 years+ now but its in terrible shape.[/quote]

Ha, that is actually a pretty funny story from the doc. However, I must say that I’ve never had one and never will!

I want a Phiten necklace, some snake oil for my arm would be nice, also.

is that what julian taverez used to swear by too?

ha, who knows.