slider

last year my slider was really moving a lot… unfortunately this year it isnt. can anyone please help with suggestions. since it seems like ive tried everything and still its not moving like it did last year. also i have tried to start to throw a curveball, but no luck in that either. can someone please help.

thanks for your time.

got too use to it
probaly throwning it too hard

lower you arm angle could help

use the knuckle ball grip for your curve
just throw it hard like a fastball
same arm speed, no supination
easy to control(for me) 12-6 break

Many moons ago, when I asked the major league pitcher who would become my pitching coach about the slider, he told me: “Throw it like a curve, but roll your wrist, don’t snap it.” He showed me the off-center grip he used—and believe me, it was off-center, neither two-seam nor four-seam but in between, with the index and middle fingers close together—and demonstrated the wrist action, which is a lot easier than what one does when throwing a curve ball. It’s quite possible that you’re throwing it too hard, so what you want to do is ease up on it—just turn it over. And a lower arm angle just might help; I was a natural sidearmer and threw everything that way, and I had no trouble at all with the slider. He handed me the ball and said, “Go ahead, try it,” and in about ten minutes I got the idea. I worked on it over the winter (1951-52), and it became my strikeout pitch.
So give that a try, and good luck. 8)

It would help a lot if you could explain the differences in movement between the years. How has it changed exately? Give us some more details then we might be able to give specific suggestions.