Situation 1st and 3rd

My son posted this in off topic but it probably fits better here, sorry for the double post:

All right, here is a question, as a pitcher, guys on 1st and 3rd as I take the rubber, guy on 1st goes, should I: (remember I am 14 and my team doesn’t move the ball the best)

1. Team yells, “step off”, I step off and turn toward the runner between 1st and 2nd, freeze him, then turn to look at guy on 3rd

2. Team yells, “step off”, I step off and turn and “run” at the runner between 1st and 2nd immediately, wait for my team to yell 4, if the runner at 3rd goes, turn and throw to home. If the runner doesn’t go, get as tight a pickle as possible and let it play out.

3. something that I am not thinking of?

situation is also that the run matters and isn’t early in the game!

What about if the run doesn’t matter, does he play it diferent?

what me and my team were taught was to step off, immediately throw the ball to 2nd, the 2nd basemen then literally WALKS that runner back to first while looking to see if the guy at 3rd goes while hes walking.

we do this because all that is meant to do is screw up the field and try and slip that runner in from 3rd, so doing this play^^ basically “resets” the field and no damage is caused

After experiencing this in scrimmages and games and working on it in practice this seems to be the best method.

Some have suggested that a new section, to be called “situations” or “strategic pitching” or something of that sort, be created, so it was a good move to put it here rather than as off-topic.
There’s another possibility that has to be considered here, with runners on first and third late in the game—the suicide squeeze, especially if the runner on third is a speed demon. In that case, forget about the runner on first; the guy on third must be prevented from scoring, particularly if the game is close. I remember one game I saw a long time ago which I will never forget—Yankees vs. Indians at the original Stadium on Sept. 17, 1951. The score was tied 1-1, it was the bottom of the ninth, and the Yankees were batting. Runners on first and third, one out. Indians manager Al Lopez then ordered an intentional pass to Bobby Brown, whom he did not want to face again, so he could set up a possible double play to get out of the inning. Oh, he got out of the inning, all right—as the loser, because the next batter was Phil Rizzuto, and he was known—notorious, if you will—as one of the best bunters in the major leagues, and he laid down an exquisite dead-fish bunt which nobody could make a play on. Joe DiMaggio, having broken from third with the start of the windup, could have crawled to home plate, but he took off like a rocket and scored standing up with the winning run. (And Scooter got a base hit in the process.)