Simple, yet complete

I saw a T-shirt yesterday with a picture of a baseball’s seam and this saying underneath it:
“Life Starts With The First Pitch”

I didn’t think much about it at the time, but the more I thought about it, the more pronounced it became.

Now I’m not a man who’s geared up for giving speeches - so I won’t. But if you think about it, starting something with your life, regardless of where you are on your journey, does start with the first pitch, the first handshake, the first introduction to someone, the first job application, the first of anything…

So, without speeches, if you find yourself needing a little “something”, let that “something” be the first pitch of your entire life. Kind-a flows, you know. Nothing fancy, just in-your-gut stuff. Step into the batter’s box - wherever you are right now , take a few practice swings, then look for that slow moving beauty that’s served up on a silver platter - and give it a ride ( you know what I mean). It may not come your way today, tomorrow, or even next week - but it’s a come’n! Just be patient, wait for it, you know it’s gonna arrive, you just know it.

Coach B.

your right i totally agree

Very nice, Coach B.—and very well put. Reading this, I flashed back to my playing days, and a question that had been bothering me. One day Ed Lopat, ever observant, asked me what I was thinking about, and I told him—I don’t know where this had come from—that I was wondering if I could ever pitch a no-hitter. And he told me: "I’ll answer that question for you. You can…and you will. It could be tomorrow. It could be a couple of years down the road. I don’t know just when it will be, and neither do you. But one day you will step out on the mound…and you will pitch a no-hitter. It will be an unforgettable experience. You will pitch your first no-hitter, and it will not be your last. From that time until you eventually stop playing, whenever that will be, you will pitch several more no-hitters, and each one will be like the first. You might even pitch a perfect game…I will tell you that you have the equipment you need to accomplish this, and you will do so with complete confidence and enjoyment."
It was eerie, the way he could get inside my head, zero in on my concerns, and give me the support, reassurance and reinforcement I needed. In any event, a few years later I did pitch my first no-hitter, and several more after that—including a perfect game. So you see, something good will come when you least expect it, and when it does, take advantage of it. :slight_smile: 8) :baseballpitcher: