Side Effects for Whey

hey guys whats up.

I went to the doctor a week ago for something on my arm. Just a little rash. nothing big.

while i was their i asked my doctor if he thinks protein whey would be good for me.

He said no. He said that there are some side effects.

He said their were side effects but he only said diharia.
but he said their were more i think.

What are some more side effects?

Right now i don’t take whey and probaly never will now.

I take whey and so far I haven’t had any side effects but I haven’t seen any big improvement either.

Whey is the liquid part of cottage cheese. You might as well have a cup of cottage cheese and some fruit; you’ll be better off doing that. 8)

I agree with Zita. Your body can only absorb 30-40 grams of protein every few hours. The rest goes to waste, essentially. I used protein supplements all throughout my career b/c of the convenience of getting the proper amt of calories. But the older I’ve gotten, the more I’m a proponent of natural food to get the protein needed to sustain a healthy active lifestyle, which Zita suggests.

So what is your question if your Doctor doesn’t think it would be good for you and in fact has some side effects. You know that there are people that think there are positive effects of drinking their own urine too but I am sure that there are some serious side effects of that too.

If you don’t trust your doctor find another one and if you do why are you questioning his advice to you?

Do you just want to find out what the side effects are? Diareah, esophegehal infection, bowel discomfort, irregularity, I’m sure there are more but I can imagine any of them are really fun.

What do medical doctors know? Find out what baseball players do in Japan and Pitcairn! :lol:

There is an issue with protein potentially placing extra stress on the liver. Just something to consider. But a protein shake or two a day might be no different from drinking a lot of milk… I didn’t stay at a Holiday Inn last night :slight_smile:

I did and still don’t know :?